UnitedHealth Group (501+ Employees, 5% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
UnitedHealth Group is the most diversified health care company in the United States.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Combine two of the fastest – growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
The Mass Tort Paralegal will be part of a team of talented associates who perform important Mass Tort functions including data analysis, file management, effective communication with internal and external clients, process innovation, training, and leadership reporting. The Mass Tort Paralegal will work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and play a critical role in ensuring OptumInsight’s clients’ interests are protected while advancing strategic objectives. When presented with a challenge, the ideal candidate will be able to quickly and effectively analyze options, make decisions in consultation with leadership, and effectively communicate and implement actions.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday – Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Work independently to ensure timely submission of Mass Tort claims to Liens Resolution
- Groups and outside counsel
- Anticipate and proactively communicate potential problems or concerns with meeting
- contractual deadlines
- Collaborate and coordinate with business and matrix partners to identify and act on
- potential solutions
- Review medical claims data for relatedness and provide timely, accurate response to
- Liens Resolution Groups
- Negotiate recoveries that are not part of a Liens Resolution Program
- Maintain files in accordance with Best Practices
- Complete tasks in accordance with deadlines and with minimal guidance
- Identify and act upon opportunities for personal improvement and process innovation
- Maintain confidentiality of Protected Health information
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Paralegal certificate, Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) or 4+ years of equivalent experience in data analysis or file handling
- 2+ years of minimum experience in building and maintaining relationships with internal or external clients
- 2+ years of minimum experience working autonomously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Experience with Microsoft Excel including functions such as VLookup and pivot tables
- Experience condensing information from a multitude of inputs and discerning most important information to communicate
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military Opens in a new window
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet Opens in a new window
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people’s lives. This is where it’s happening. This is where you’ll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We’re freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it’s needed. We’re creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $20.77 – $36.88. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $22.93 – $40.58. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: claims, data entry, coding, medical coding, customer service representative, customer service, CSR, UnitedHealth Group, Optum, OptumRx, call center, UnitedHealthcare, health care, healthcare, office, phone support, training class, advocate, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #RPO