WellSaid Labs (11-50 Employees, 363% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We firmly believe in AI for good.
Creatives around the globe use Studio to create compelling employee training, design unique digital experiences, and narrate audiobooks. We enable creatives by putting high-tech, human parity technology into their hands, giving them the ability to add voice-over to any project and iterate with ease.
WellSaid Labs is looking to hire a Machine Learning Engineer to help research, develop, and deploy our deep learning models.
We have developed a breakthrough deep learning model that creates synthetic, realistic speech from text. You will work on our core Text-to-Speech (TTS) service that enables creatives to make lifelike voiceovers for videos, audiobooks, and trainings.
In this role, you will be working with the CTO to mature our State-of-the-Art Deep Learning TTS service. This includes optimizing our training pipeline, automating our delivery pipelines, rewriting abstraction layers, and more…
What WSL offers you:
- $130,000-150,000 salary range + ISO (options)
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Generous vacation policy/paid time off
- Flexible schedules
- Remote-first company culture
- Parental leave
- Learning & development stipend
- Home office stipend
What you’ll do:
- Iteratively and incrementally improve the ease of use, reliability, and performance of our TTS service.
- Build tooling for automating custom voice creation.
- Develop data structures for loading, processing, and validating 1000s of hours of text and speech data.
- Set up a CI / CD pipeline.
- Improve the performance and the scalability of our machine learning training pipeline by integrating tools like DeepSpeed, PyTorch AMP, PyTorch JIT, and PyTorch Profiler.
- Monitor our TTS deployment. You’ll manage standard metrics like latency, performance, and cost. You’ll also keep track of TTS metrics like loudness, cadence, and naturalness.
- Improve the scalability of our TTS deployment.
- Be mindful and conscientious of AI ethics and the social impact of the work you do at WellSaid Labs.
- Open-source reusable libraries and tooling.
- Help interview and recruit more talented engineers to WellSaid Labs!
What you’ll have:
- Understanding of the key elements to a good developer experience.
- Experience in iteratively and incrementally developing a mature data-driven web service.
- Experience with deep learning frameworks (e.g., PyTorch, Tensorflow, etc.)
- Great attention to detail.
- Experience automating delivery pipelines and integrating continuous monitoring.
- Attention to creating modular, secure, and well-tested code.
- Experience building reusable tools to increase workflow efficiencies.
- A background using data structures and algorithms to processes large amounts of data.
- Experience with cross-team collaboration.
- Working knowledge of computer science fundamentals like data structures and algorithms.
- (Bonus) Experience with our tech stack which includes: PyTorch, C++, Python, CUDA, Docker, Google Kubernetes Engine.
- (Bonus) Experience with web technologies like HTML, CSS, React, Node.
- (Bonus) Experience profiling and optimizing deep neural network performance.
WellSaid Labs is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We realize that by bringing together teams rich in diverse thoughts and experiences, our people, company, and customers are free to flourish. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, marital status, disability, military or veteran status; or any other protected classifications or characteristics under applicable local laws. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At this time, we are unable to support visa sponsorship; as a candidate you must live in and be currently be eligible to work in the U.S.