BlackLine (501+ Employees, 51% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Get to Know Us:
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they’re doing!
At Blackline, we’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications.
Since being founded in 2001, BlackLine has become a leading provider of cloud software that automates and controls the entire financial close process. Our vision is to modernize the finance and accounting function to enable greater operational effectiveness and agility, and we are committed to delivering innovative solutions and services to empower accounting and finance leaders around the world to achieve Modern Finance.
Being a best-in-class SaaS Company, we understand that bringing in new ideas and innovative technology is mission critical. At BlackLine we are always working with new, cutting edge technology that encourages our teams to learn something new and expand their creativity and technical skillset that will accelerate their careers.
Work, Play and Grow at BlackLine!
Make Your Mark:
BlackLine is looking for a Mid-Market Sales Executive to deliver the BlackLine software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform to accounting and finance teams in a multi-billion dollar market space. The Mid-Market Sales Executive has broad authority to construct his/her pipeline, a steady stream of pre-qualified opportunities, and support from BlackLine’s experienced team of sales and solutions experts. The role focuses on securing clients with earnings of less than $750M in annual revenue.
You’ll Get To:
- Contribute as a member of the mid-market team to achieve the overall strategic group objectives
- Achieve or exceed monthly sales quotas, including deals closed, users added and conversion time
- Meet prospecting and business development goals, including call volume and pipeline building
- Convert prospects to clients by fielding pre-qualified opportunities, conducting discovery and building relationships, using best practices to maximize the sales process
- Collaborate with demand generation and marketing to expand pipeline and increase sales velocity
- Document daily activity in Salesforce and build and maintain accurate pipeline
- Develop and maintain territory business plan and deliver accurate weekly, monthly and quarterly forecast commitments to sales management
- Presentation development and delivery to all level of management including Accounting professionals, C Level Finance Executives, and IT
- Ability to travel within North America 15-20% of the time to visit prospects in territory, regional events, and conferences
- Ability to negotiate pricing and contract terms with customers
- Learn and become proficient in the BlackLine applications and develop an understanding of the product marketplace in order to effectively communicate the value proposition
- Show passion for BlackLine application and desire to enhance customer satisfaction
- Establish effective sales strategies and tactics that result in new account business generation
- Work closely with other departments and support staff to assist with coordination of RFPs, demos, legal contracts, and implementation of software and ensure client satisfaction
What You’ll Bring:
- 5+ years of experience selling finance/accounting software and/or SaaS solutions
- Proven and consistent track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and comfort in fast-paced sales environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Preferred experience selling finance/accounting software solutions and/or background in selling into the CFO’s organization and Accounting/Finance departments
- Experience selling SaaS Software to Mid-Market organizations
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent experience
- Must be able to travel 15-20%
Thrive at BlackLine Because You Are Joining:
- A technology-based company with a sense of adventure and a vision for the future. Every door at BlackLine is open. Just bring your brains, your problem-solving skills, and be part of a winning team at the world’s most trusted name in Finance Automation!
- A culture that is kind, open, and accepting. It’s a place where people can embrace what makes them unique, and the mix of cultural backgrounds and varying interests cultivates diverse thought and perspectives.
- A company who believes in providing the best possible service to its clients, and that starts with offering amazing perks to its employees. These perks include 100% coverage for healthcare, vision, and dental, 401(k) matching, ESPP, food, drinks, games, and so much more!
- A culture where BlackLiner’s continued growth and learning is empowered. BlackLine offers a wide variety of professional development seminars and inclusive affinity groups to celebrate and support our diversity.
BlackLine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws.