Second Dinner (51-200 Employees, 180% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Hey friend! We’re looking for a talented UX/UI Designer or Senior UX/UI Designer to make our game, MARVEL SNAP, look and feel great! This role partners with concept art, game design, product management, tech art, and feature engineers to create engaging and delightful experiences for our players. We need your experience with UX, mobile, or interaction design to ensure all aspects of the game feel cohesive, intuitive, and easy to use. Candidates from outside of the games industry are encouraged to apply!
- Oversee UX/UI layouts and make UX/UI decisions in partnership with designers, artists, and engineers
- Create awesome wireframes and prototypes that are intuitive and fun
- Design or redesign game systems to help the game serve the UI (not the other way around)
- Document the UI/UX in Confluence and be an expert in the game’s system design
- Render pixel perfect UI Art mockups and UI VFX concepts for technical artists to implement in Unity
- Direct motion design for fun UI transitions and interactions
- Lead technical solutions for building UI using UGUI
- Proven ability to craft intuitive and fun User Interfaces for video games, web, or mobile apps
- Expert grasp of UX and UI design principles, including ergonomics testing, font and localization testing, screen scaling, and safe areas for different devices
- Proven ability to render high quality UI elements
- Highly skilled with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and XD (or other prototyping software)
- Proficient in AfterEffects (or other animation software)
- Unity / UGUI experience
- Great communication skills and the ability to impart your vision / provide UX/UI direction to the team
- Ability to get people excited about your bold new ideas
- Ability to give, receive, and implement feedback from team members and players alike
- Willing to mentor others in UX design and UI art
Not Required but Still Exciting
- Design experience in other fields beyond UI/UX (graphic design, game design, marketing art, etc.)
Please be sure to embed all 3 elements below into a single PDF when submitting your application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Resume, including a link to your online portfolio
- A cover letter telling us why you’re interested in Second Dinner and why you’re passionate about designing video game UI
- Answers to the following questions:
- A screenshot and explanation for a UI element that you think is well designed and works well for that game.
- Another screenshot and explanation of a UI element that you think is poorly designed, and how you would improve it.
Second Dinner is located in sunny Orange County, CA. We are a small studio that believes in moving fast and giving everyone a feeling of ownership. People who join us will have a massive impact on both the game and the company.
Whether you prefer the serendipity and organic collaboration of being co-located in an office, or the focus and convenience of being fully remote, Second Dinner is excited to discuss how to help you do your best work. Remote? In-Person? A little of both? Let’s do it!
Second Dinner is fully funded, so we think we have everything we need to take our first game over the finish line. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and stock options. It feels like a start-up over here, but without the risk of running out of money before our next milestone.
We are an equal opportunity employer that places high value on diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, disability status, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military status, or veteran status. A diverse team with varied perspectives makes us a better company and will help us make better games. If you can bring something new to the table and expand our point of view, that’s huge upside. Please apply!