TriNetX (201-500 Employees, 41% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
POSITION TITLE: NLP ENGINEER
LOCATION: REMOTE US OR CAMBRIDGE, MA
This position reports to our global HQ in Cambridge, MA and can fully remote within the US. Travel is expected when needed and local candidates to our global HQ in Cambridge, MA are preferred.
Who we are:
TriNetX was founded on the idea that incorporating real-world data results in better clinical trial design, improves the site selection and patient recruitment process and generates real-world evidence (RWE) to advance the collective understanding of human health. TriNetX collaborates with the majority of industry leaders, including 13 of the top 15 pharmaceutical companies, and is powered by an impressive network of 170 healthcare organizations across 30 countries.
As a result of its reach and rapidly expanding network, TriNetX has become the market leader in protocol design, feasibility, and site selection. Researchers have leveraged the TriNetX network to analyze over 39,000 protocols, presented over 10,000 clinical trial opportunities to its healthcare members, and reduced site identification time in clinical trials by 50%.
Currently, TriNetX healthcare organization members contribute access to a patient population of 400 million, representing over 40 billion clinical observations. With headquarters in Cambridge, Massachusetts, TriNetX is one of the fastest-growing, privately held companies in the area’s life sciences corridor.
What challenges we work on:
TriNetX is the global health research network that optimizes clinical research and enables discoveries through the creation of real-world evidence. TriNetX combines real-time access to longitudinal clinical data with state-of-the-art analytics to answer complex research questions at the speed of thought. Each member of our community shares in the consolidated value of our global, federated health research network that connects clinical researchers to the patient populations which they are attempting to study.
Who we are looking for:
As we continue to grow globally, the Data Team is looking for an extremely talented, energetic, and motivated individual to join as NLP Engineer to take the program to the next level. If you have a passion for liberating data trapped in unstructured text and you thrive working in a highly collaborative environment, you are an ideal candidate. We have a clearly defined vision, but we will be looking to you to make your mark as we are starting to execute it.
You will work closely various teams to not only shape our strategy, but turn it into concrete deliverables, experiments, and milestones. In this role, we need someone who will not only be a top-notch technical contributor, but who can guide our roadmap and work across the business to deliver value. There is tremendous potential in this role – if you are ready to tap into it.
What you will be doing:
- Define and manage projects to extract data from unstructured text
- You will lean into people management and leadership as you guide your peers
- Work with Data Engineering and Informatics to implement the right algorithms and tools to extract structured data from unstructured notes
- Work with existing tooling and developing new tooling to process unstructured clinical notes
- Train and evaluate models that will enrich our data
- Study and transform prototypes to solutions that can be applied globally
- You will contribute not only to the development of the models, but to a best-in-class ML Ops pipeline and deployment strategy
What you bring to TriNetX:
- You are experienced with Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning (ML), and Data Science
- You believe that data only as powerful as the story it tells
- You are eager to guide and mentor your team members to improve their technical, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- You have experience as a technical lead on your team, and people have often looked to you as an expert
- You advocate for best practices and operational excellence, while simultaneously delivering value
- Understanding of NLP techniques for text representation, semantic extraction techniques, data structures and modeling
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects
- Deep understanding of text representation techniques (such as n-grams, bag of words, sentiment analysis etc), statistics and classification algorithms
- Strong communication skills
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Computational Linguistics or similar field
- RUTA experience
- Knowledge of Healthcare Data
- Some Background in Oncology
As a condition of employment, the individual must provide proof of Covid 19 vaccination unless a medical or religious exemption is granted by TriNetX.
Learn more about TriNetX:
Please feel free to check out our website www.trinetx.com and our careers page www.trinetx.com/careers/ to learn more. We are social and you can follow us on Twitter @TriNetX, LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/trinetx, The Muse https://www.themuse.com/profiles/trinetx and be sure to read our blog https://trinetx.com/blog/
Interested in joining our community?
TriNetX is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons are considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex or gender, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
This Organization Participates in E-Verify
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
E-Verify Works for Everyone
For more information on E-Verify, or if you believe that your employer has violated its E-Verify responsibilities, please contact DHS.