Learning Ally (201-500 Employees, 13% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
innovation, professional growth, and diversity, equity, and inclusion.
About Learning Ally:
Learning Ally is a leading nonprofit education solutions organization. We are driven by our passion for our mission: By understanding how each child learns, we develop and help educators implement proven solutions at scale to solve the literacy crisis and significantly accelerate learning for the students who struggle most, so they can thrive.
For over 75 years, Learning Ally has been addressing equity gaps for overlooked communities. Our game-changing approach Whole Child LiteracyTM informs our solutions design and sets us apart from other education organizations, delivering proven solutions that drive measurable results and student outcomes. Today, Learning Ally reaches over 1,600,000 students, 260,000 educators, and 20,100 schools across the country and continues to expand its reach.
At Learning Ally, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) are a part of each and every one of us. DEI drives our culture, our solutions, and ultimately the equality in educational outcomes we strive to achieve. You will find a culture with a strong desire to learn and be better. We are curious, results-driven, agile, customer-focused self-starters who possess the business acumen needed to deliver on our mission and achieve our aspirational goals.
The Operations Associate role is critical to the growth of Learning Ally and our mission to solve the literacy problem. This position is a unique opportunity to be a part of an innovative and rapidly growing organization, transforming the educational experience for struggling learners and their educators. The Operations Associate will be a key player in the Growth and Strategic Partnerships team, which is responsible for our $2M+ philanthropic revenue stream including corporations and foundations, a $10M Investment Fund, and for expanding our network of volunteers to support our growth. The Operations Associate will ensure we use efficient processes while adhering to industry best practices and working successfully together with internal and external partners and stakeholders.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prospecting and Research (35%)
You lead the research on corporations, foundations, individuals and other partners to help strengthen and grow our pipeline. You track and follow existing and potential partners on their social media platforms, in the news, in relationship databases, and elsewhere to share important updates with the team and drive opportunities for engagement.
- Revenue Processing Management (35%)
You work cross-functionally with our Fund Development and Finance colleagues to receive, process, and acknowledge gifts with utmost attention to detail, ensuring the accuracy of records and data entry.
- CRM Team Lead (30%)
You are the expert on our CRM, helping to track, organize, and coordinate our work across all our stakeholders (such as volunteers, donors, and supporters). You maintain relationship records and help keep our outreach, stewardship, and communications on track and documented for deeper team collaboration. You have the opportunity to help lead our CRM migration.
Who You Are:
- Mission-Driven. You’re passionate about education and care deeply about solving the literacy problem in our country.
- An outstanding project manager. You can break complex projects down into small pieces, and stay on top of all the moving parts, whether executing the work or collaborating with other colleagues on the team to get it done.
- Detail-oriented and organized. You sweat the small things, always triple-check your work, and are two steps ahead of your colleagues.
- Results-oriented and data-driven. You set goals and strive to exceed them by setting, communicating, and measuring short- and long-term goals. You’re able to independently analyze your progress to solve roadblocks and get input from your team.
- Tech-savvy. You have a demonstrated ability to quickly learn new tools, maximizing Microsoft office, Gsuite, and our CRM.
- A lifelong learner. You believe in continuous improvement and are committed to growing professionally.
- A high-capacity do-er and team player. You thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing, all-hands-on-deck work environment, with aggressive growth plans. You invite feedback and opportunities to improve and grow.
Bachelor’s Degree with one to five years of experience in non-profit and/or corporate settings. Salesforce and/or other CRM experience required. Experience working closely with a finance team is ideal.
Please submit your resume and cover letter addressed to Laila Khan, Director of Foundation Relations and Strategic Partnerships.
Learning Ally is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.