Edquity (11-50 Employees, 167% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Edquity offers a college financial planning app for high school and college students.
Edquity is an anti-poverty technology company that helps colleges improve students’ basic needs and financial security by increasing access to emergency resources and funding. To help students, including the 3 million who drop out every year due to a time sensitive financial crisis, Edquity provides partner colleges with a mobile app and web platform that helps students overcome financial emergencies. With Edquity, students can apply for emergency cash grants, discover emergency resources, and more.
In the wake of COVID-19, students and partners need Edquity more than ever, as Congress has provided $32 billion in emergency aid. Edquity is quickly scaling to ensure it can administer hundreds of millions of dollars to support millions of students during this crisis.
Edquity has raised over $6.5MM in funding from some of the leading impact and postsecondary success investors and has also received support from foundations like the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Edquity is seeking Operations Manager who is passionate about enhancing financial stability and social mobility in higher education and improving college graduation rates for low and middle-income students.
The Operations Manager will primarily support the Chief Operating Office and Head of People by managing internal processes, systems, and initiatives that are necessary to the day-to-day success of the company.By leading strategic initiatives aimed at enhancing productivity and culture across departments, The Operations Manager will directly impact how Edquity grows, and ultimately, shape the future of the company.
Responsibilities will include leading company-wide goal-setting efforts, coordinating collaboration across departments, directing compliance and risk management initiatives, managing Edquity’s third-party contracts, developing culture-building efforts, and more.
Given the cross-functional nature of this role, strong candidates will demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively across departments, manage multiple high-priority projects, identify points of friction and implement solutions to maximize efficiency and productivity.
What You Will Do:
- Coordinate goal-setting across departments
- Provide logistical support for organizational tools and systems
- Manage Edquity’s outsourced accounting, legal, and other third-party partner relationships
- Assist on daily operations tasks, including accounts payable and receivable, creating and reviewing contracts, monitoring process improvements, and preparing compliance materials
- Facilitate compliance and risk management exercises and real-time needs, such as hypothetical scenario planning and crisis response documentation
- Support the creation of company board and investor materials, including presentations, financial reports, social impact metrics and more
- Lead efforts to obtain company certifications through cross-functional coordination
- Manage culture-building activities aimed at ensuring employees are engaged, supported and happy.
- Assisting with recruiting efforts, including managing job postings, scheduling interviews, and preparing new hire documentation
What You Should Have:
- A passion for supporting students and a desire to reduce structural inequality
- Ability to communicate (verbally and through writing), present, and influence credibly and effectively
- Exceptional time and project management skills and ability to rapidly improve inefficient processes
- Ability to “manage up” in order to coordinate senior leadership, keep them on track to meet deadlines, and proactively provide the resources and support they need
- Understanding of general financial management and budgeting
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills pertaining to data management and reporting
- Experience operating in a compliance driven environment is preferred
- New York City-based preferred
- Fully Paid Health Insurance (Medical/Vision/Dental)
- Unlimited PTO
- 10 Paid Company Holidays
- Generous Parental Leave Benefits
- 401k matching
- Professional Development Stipend
- Potential for Equity
- Many others!
Edquity provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.