Select Star (11-50 Employees, N/A 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
About Select Star
Select Star is a data catalog and discovery platform built for modern enterprises. Our platform automatically catalogs & documents database tables and BI dashboards, providing actionable intelligence for our customers in 24 hrs. With Select Star, you can find out where your data is coming from, which dashboards are built on top of it, who is using the data, and how they are using it.
We’re currently a seed stage company, backed by some of the best early-stage tech investors like Bowery Capital, Background Capital, and prominent angel investors (Spencer Kimball, Scott Belsky, Nick Caldwell, and more).
Top data teams from businesses like Opendoor, Pitney Bowes, Vivino, Electric.ai and more are relying on Select Star to understand their data. We’re starting to see strong traction in the market and are looking to build out our team to help us scale.
We’re looking for an operations manager who will drive strategic and operational initiatives to help us scale. This is a great opportunity to have a large impact on a fast moving startup in the data space!
What you’ll do:
- Lead strategic and operational initiatives across sales, recruiting, operations, finance and more to help improve our business
- Work with GTM team to establish scalable processes and improve operational efficiency
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses to uncover issues and work with leaders to design and implement solutions
- Help prioritize initiatives and measure impact on the business
Who you are:
- 3+ years of experience working as a growth manager, operations analyst, product manager, or management consultant.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, along with experience with Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Organized, collaborative, and fast learner
- Experience at an early stage startup is a plus, bonus points if it’s in the data space
- SQL and data analytics experience is nice to have
- Comfortable working in and excited about an independent, fast-paced environment
We love working at Select Star and think you would too! Some of the benefits include:
- Remote first company – work from wherever you like
- Full medical benefits
- $1,000 annual stipend to improve your WFH set-up however you see fit
- Competitive compensation (including equity)
- Be open and transparent – we share the good and the bad. We’re working towards a common goal and support each other along the way
- Be an owner – we have high standards and expect everyone to be responsible for upholding them
- Be practical – things will change, and that’s ok. Prioritize, execute, evaluate and plan. Then do it again