Cold Iron Studios (51-200 Employees, 4% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Cold Iron is seeking an experienced Outsource Intake Artist to join us in creating our next game for consoles and PC! This position is fully remote and open to applicants across the country.
Are you a passionate game developer looking to create the best experiences possible? Do you revel in building props and spaces that are as pleasing to look at as they are to play with?
Here’s the most important one: Do you do it all for the game? Because you know that your talents are needed to make sure that even the best development teams get an awesome experience out the door?
Awesome. Come join our creative, collaborative studio where you’ll own the product management responsibilities for a tight, integrated team of game developers.
Your Day to Day
You can expect to be responsible and accountable for the following:
- Art asset intake and polish across environment, weapon, character, and enemy assets
- Support the external development team in reviewing and providing feedback on externally created art content
- Support the external development team in creating kickoff packages
- Import outsourced art assets into the game, set them up, polish them to meet our quality bar
- Help coordinate vendor communication to internal team
- Gather references and assist in the look development process
- Take part in vendor testing
- Support external art training and documentation
- Support the external development team in addressing quality issues and concerns
Your Career Progression
Do the best work of your career! No, really, that’s what we expect of you. Come aboard and work with industry veterans all working to improve their craft and become better game developers. Your portfolio of experience will grow, and the size of the audience you reach will expand exponentially. The small team atmosphere allows you to contribute more and have greater ownership over what you do day to day.
- Portfolio showing 1+ years of professional experience in 3D art
- Experience with Unreal 4 or equivalent game engine
- Understanding of industry standards, 3D applications, general workflows with Maya, Zbrush, Substance Painter
- Great communication skills
- Highly organized with an eye for quality and the ability to follow processes/instructions
- Positive attitude and ability to work with multiple departments
Would Love to See
- Extensive experience with Unreal 4 is a plus
- Experience with Substance, Topogun, SpeedTree, or other additional 3D tools a plus
- Experience with multiplayer games and/or shooters a plus
- No requirement.
- This position is fully remote and open to applicants across the country.
About our Location
Cold Iron is a team of passionate game developers located in San Jose, California. We’re a diverse group of veterans with decades of experience developing and launching award-winning shooter, MMO, and action titles on PC and console. We launched Aliens: Fireteam Elite in August 2021 to critical acclaim and to a very devoted fan base.
Exceptional employee benefits, Remote work; 18 days PTO first year in addition to 11 paid holidays plus company-wide shutdown between Christmas and New Year’s Day; Robust Medical, Dental, Vision insurance coverage for entire family; Company matched 401k vested immediately; Flex Spending Accounts, annual stipend to help cover work from home expenses, ultra-creative environment.