Lyft (501+ Employees, 7% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for a Litigation & Risk Paralegal to join our Legal team. In partnership with Lyft’s in-house attorneys, you will be responsible for managing active personal injury litigation matters, conducting factual investigations, responding to information requests, working directly with outside counsel, and helping keep Lyft’s legal operations efficient and organized. You should be a self-starter with a positive attitude who takes ownership of projects and works collaboratively with others.
- Work closely with Lyft’s in-house and outside counsel to personally oversee certain personal injury litigation and pre-litigation matters
- Conduct factual investigations and lead document collection efforts related to pre-litigation matters and filed lawsuits
- Review and analyze records, memoranda, and summaries of factual research to make informed recommendations to in-house and outside counsel regarding case management
- Provide legal support to in-house attorneys and various internal business partners to ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures
- Help define procedures and practices within Legal to promote efficient workflows and handling of legal requests
- Maintain overall governance of existing processes and strategies
- Liaise with internal and external counsel and contacts on a day-to-day basis
- Lead projects and tasks within a broader legal strategy in collaboration with other team members
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of relevant experience in litigation case management
- Paralegal certificate is preferred
- Preference will be given to candidates with prior in-house legal or insurance claims handling experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Collaborative, with ability to cultivate cross-functional relationships
- Exceptionally organized, efficient, detail-oriented, and articulate
- Ability to receive general direction and run projects independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Proficiency working in a Mac environment, and specifically with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Drive, etc.), Dropbox, Excel, and Word
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink – Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
For candidates living in Colorado the expected base pay range is $82,280-$96,800 and depending on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including qualifications, experience and geographic location.
This role is work-from-anywhere, excluding the following states and territory: Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, West Virginia, Wyoming, Puerto Rico
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated and up to date against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated and up to date means an employee has: 1) received all recommended doses in a primary series of COVID-19 vaccine; and 2) either has received a booster dose or is not yet eligible to receive a booster dose but will do so when eligible. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft’s accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.