Teamshares (51-200 Employees, 575% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
What is Teamshares?
Teamshares is on a mission to create $10 billion of new wealth for lower-income Americans through employee ownership. We’re a mission-driven startup that buys small businesses from retiring owners and transitions them into enduring, employee-owned businesses through our software, education, and community products. Before Teamshares, there wasn’t an easy way for small businesses—which make up 98% of firms in the US economy—to become employee-owned.
We are a 100+ person, remote-first, Series C funded company backed by QED Investors, Spark Capital, Khosla Ventures, Collaborative Fund, Inspired Capital, Slow Ventures and Union Square Ventures, among others.
What you will do:
- Assist Teamshares’ legal team in the maintenance and governance of corporate entities.
- Track and manage annual Shareholder and Board minutes.
- Preparing state annual report filings for Teamshares’ partner companies.
- Creating organizational documents.
- Aid the legal team with the acquisition of small businesses.
- Responding to document and information requests from partner companies.
- Collaborate with the product development team and drive continuous discussions of opportunities where software can be leveraged to augment efficiency and scale.
What you will bring:
- 2+ years of corporate law experience.
- Degree in paralegal studies, certificate or training is preferred, but not required.
- Self-starter with strong communication and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with M&A transactions.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication capabilities.
- Experience with forming legal entities in multiple jurisdictions.
- Drafting of Shareholder and Board minutes.
Why you should join us:
We believe in supporting every team member with a competitive salary and a generous benefits package, including equity for all employees, exceptional medical/dental/vision benefits plans for employees and their families, 401k plan, and paid parental leave. We value time off and actually take our vacations, and we have a healthy work-life balance culture that checks egos at the door and truly unplugs at the end of the day. We embody a growth mindset and provide the support you need to grow in your career.