Legalist (11-50 Employees, 147% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Legalist provides legal data analytics services designed to help small business to get access to the justice system.
Founded by Christian Haigh & Eva Shang in 2016, Legalist sits at the forefront of AI-enabled legal-asset finance. Backed by YCombinator, Refactor Capital & other Silicon Valley investors, we utilize cutting-edge artificial intelligence technology to invest in litigation-related situations. We use public court records and statistical analysis to invest in impending lawsuits by providing capital to lawyers & plaintiffs who need it most. Legalist currently manages over $200M across multiple legal asset strategies.
As Legalist continues to grow, we are looking for talented innovators to further build out our product, engineering, & investment teams. Start a conversation with us & join us in the journey of driving the future of legal assets.
We are looking for a Paralegal to assist our underwriting team with legal research. You will directly contribute your time, energy, and creativity to supporting a team at the leading edge of the legal field. If you’re looking for challenging experiences and the ability to learn in a collaborative and fast-growth culture, we invite you to explore this opportunity available at Legalist.
- Review legal documents to support our growing Litigation Investment Counsel team.
- Conduct desk research, including background and analogous research
- Organize, index, and track files
- Other support tasks as they arise
- Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, History, Law or related field desirable or equivalent experience from a top-tier institution.
- 5+ years of experience as a Paralegal AmLaw 200 firm and/or comparable boutique firms
- 5+ years experience working with legal research tools (LexisNexis, Westlaw)
- Adapts quickly and positively to changing situations as circumstances develop within the organization
- Able to communicate information to a variety of audiences and transfer knowledge and expertise to team members
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision
- Annual Company Retreat
- Twelve paid vacation days plus ten bankable federal holidays