MaxMind (51-200 Employees, 33% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
MaxMind (www.maxmind.com) is looking for a talented Partnerships Manager to join our team. We help protect thousands of companies worldwide from fraud, screening over a billion online transactions each year, and we provide IP intelligence data to thousands more. In this role, you will play an important role in growing our partnerships and sales channels.
We are hiring anywhere in the following US states: CA, FL, LA, MN, NV, NY State (excluding New York City and Yonkers), NC, OR, PA, TX, WA, with a preference for those able to work Eastern Time hours.
MaxMind does not currently sponsor US employment visas.
As the Partnerships Manager, you will be responsible for implementing and developing strategic relationships with organizations. You will work closely with our Sales, Business Development, and Customer Success teams to create new relationships and grow current relationships with strategically important clients. These clients include some of the largest and fastest growing companies in the world. This is a new role that you would be helping to define and create.
Our salary range for our Partnership Manager role is commensurate with experience. See more about benefits and compensation below.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Creating a process-driven approach to partner outreach
- Researching potential partners and identifying key contacts
- Cultivating strategic alliances with potential partners by understanding their goals and helping to find mutually beneficial strategies
- Exploring new sales channels
- Responding to Requests for Proposals (RFP)
- Developing co-marketing plans
- Building out our affiliate program for integration partners
- Good problem solving skills
- Experience in a client facing role (especially in sales, partnerships, business development, or customer success)
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Can interact with potential partners in a courteous and professional manner
- Tech savvy (e.g., know what an IP address is, have an understanding of how computers and the Internet work)
- Basic math skills
- A self-starter who can work well independently and as part of a team
- Previous working experience in partnerships outreach role
- Experience with a customer relationship management system
Working at MaxMind
Our culture is very important to us. We’re friendly, collaborative, and work-focused. We don’t like office politics and unnecessary stress. We like to have productive workdays and don’t like work to chase us when we’re done for the day. We maintain a set of core, overlapping hours, but are flexible with specific start and end times and are understanding about appointments and life events. We care about helping each other succeed.
In a recent survey, employees listed having a supportive work culture, good co-workers, autonomy, and feeling trusted, valued, and respected as some of the things they liked most about working here.
MaxMind has a social mission. MaxMind donates over 60% of profits to charities.
MaxMind’s compensation strives to reward getting stuff done, quality of work, and working well with others.
We are a fully remote company, so communication centers around video chat, and direct and group messaging tools.
In addition to competitive compensation, our US benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, and short and long term disability insurance, a Safe Harbor 401(k) with employer contribution, Health Savings Account, Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care, and paid parental leave.
Everyone participates in a company performance-based bonus plan. MaxMind offers a $2,000 professional development budget and five days for professional development annually.
Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to diversity and inclusion and are mindful of incorporating them into all aspects of our company.
We encourage and sincerely welcome applications from candidates of color, women, queer candidates, candidates with family caregiving responsibilities, transgender candidates, and from other communities not well represented in the tech world.
See our complete diversity and inclusion statement – https://www.maxmind.com/en/company/working-at-maxmind.
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. We want to know about you, please share any projects or accomplishments and include a link so we can learn more. One of the first steps in our interviewing process is a homework assignment, and we will ask you for a submission so we can gain insight into your work.