Square (501+ Employees, 60% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
As the Industry Relations and Operations (IRO), Network Rules Manager, you will help adapt and evolve our relationships with global payment networks to reflect Square’s increasing role in a complex and imbalanced industry. By managing the intake of all announcements and changes from our external partners and effectively communicating them to all impacted internal teams and organizations. Working alongside product, operations, engineering and international teams, your role will be to support Square’s Industry Relations and Operations agenda and help Square grow and adapt in the dynamic landscape of the industry in which we operate.
- Digest and filter incoming bulletins and announcements from our external partners for relevant impact to Square
- Produce internal announcements and communications to socialize changes, share relevant information and size the impact
- Research and analyze industry trends, payment network rules and opportunities for Square to further distinguish its positioning and payments products
- Manage Partner portals and serve as the global administrator
- Track global network initiatives by market and communicate updates to leadership regularly
- Support strategic relationships with payment industry partners, including global payment networks
- 3+ years of experience in the payments industry at either a bank, acquirer, fintech, or card network
- An understanding of the payment industry and its current evolution both domestically and abroad.
- Industry knowledge: you understand network rules, interchange, and key performance indicators related to payment processing
- Clear written and verbal communication and presentation skills, with the ability to make strong arguments supporting Square’s position with internal and external executive stakeholders You can write and tailor content for specific audiences that demonstrates a deep understanding of messaging, positioning and stakeholder needs.
- Understanding of the PSP business model, acquiring payments network rules preferred
- Organized and creative: With news constantly changing, you’re able to adapt and change direction in an instant. You’re comfortable working in a fast paced environment and are able to meet deadlines.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. So we’re building easy tools to empower and enrich people. Tools that shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it—because we believe in fair and square. We started with a little white card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, our Cash app lets people send money instantly, and we’re building easy tools for customers, too. We’re empowering the electrician to send invoices, setting up the food truck with a delivery option, helping the clothing boutique pay its employees, and giving the coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.