Piepacker (11-50 Employees, 1000% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Jam.gg is a cloud social gaming platform. We recreate the feeling of playing old school console and arcade games in your living room, but now online and with friends. Our platform adds a new social dynamic to the experience through video chat, snapchat’s style 3D filters and new game modes like battle royale.
At Jam.gg, we challenge ourselves daily to build a beautiful, slick platform that is dead simple to use, deliver top notch gaming quality and all around a great social experience. From game-changing user interfaces to the latest in cloud gaming engineering, we use powerful new technologies coupled with world-class design to deliver evolved solutions.
We are led by an experienced team of ex Facebook, Google, Twitter, Amazon, Docker, EA, and other top tech companies. Jam.gg is a YCombinator company and backed by top VC firms.
As we scale, we are putting together a team of creative, strategic, and user-driven engineers that share in our belief that social gaming can be fast, fluid, beautiful, and delightful to use.
This is an incredible opportunity to join a booming company in its growth phase. Driven by a strong inclusive culture, we welcome self starting, fast learning, talented people wishing to start and manage unique, and challenging projects where collaboration (internal and external) is everything.
We’re looking for an experienced People Director (interim, 8 months+) to ensure that all People Operations are carried on smoothly and effectively. The person holding this role will be responsible for developing HR strategies, managing the global people network and ensuring that all needs related to People are being met and are aligned with all business objectives.
- You will be a trusted member of the leadership team, reporting directly to the Director of Operations. You’ll be empowered to make decisions that impact the entire business operations.
- You will work on highly strategical topics and will also be very hands-on in the operations.
- You will lead on the development and implementation of Jam.gg HR strategy, ensuring it meets Jam.gg priorities and promotes diversity, inclusion and quality among employees.
- You will design and execute talent acquisition strategy to prepare us for our upcoming scale-up phase and thus meet our growth plans through building scalable, robust and dynamic recruitment.
- You will create value for Jam.gg by enhancing employee performance, shaping internal and external perceptions of the company, and identifying innovative management practices.
- You will define a strong Jam.gg culture as a competitive advantage that attracts high-quality candidates and encourages the public to view Jam.gg as personable and innovative.
- You will bring professional advice in driving a culture of high engagement, strong values and performance through the implementation and/optimisation of key HR processes (performance & development, appraisal, leadership and talent reviews, C&B, D&I, engagement…).
- 8+ years of hands-on experience across the full range of human resources functions.
- 4+ years of experience in people leadership, including previous HR/People Director experiences, preferably in a start-up.
- Deep and broad understanding of employment law and administration in France where we have a large part of our workforce.
- Right balance between a strategic view and hands-on mentality.
- A self-directed leader with an entrepreneurial spirit who proactively takes ownership and is excited to scale our team and company.
- International background – ability to work with international teams and have cultural sensitivity.
- An excellent project manager with a proven ability to design and implement people strategies that drive business results.
- A natural coach and mentor with an ability to foster relationships with all levels of the team.
- Analytical and critical thinker.
- Highly skilled with multi-tasking, prioritisation, and organisation.
- You speak fluent/professional French and English.
- Unlimited holiday leave (minimum 5 weeks).
- Monthly well-being allowance (mental well-being, sports, massage, etc.).
- Home office allowance.
- Fully remote & flexible working hours.
- Equal pay policy.
- Stock option plan.
- Health insurance compensation a one-to-one basis, depending on geographical location & company’s policy.
Starting date: Mid-July 2022
Location: Full remote. The candidate must be within +/- 1hour of CET time zone.
We are still very happy you applied and we do wish you good luck.
Looking forward to (hopefully) meeting you and chatting about games 🙂 !
At the heart of Jam.gg’s mission is the creation of a new way to share games with friends and family: a free online place for gamers to play and hangout together, with video cameras, bringing back the golden era of multiplayer couch gaming. In a world of constraining internet connections and paid services, we think differently: we are building a free, “low-tech” friendly platform for everyone to jump in, directly from their browser. Our platform is social by design and packed with fun games curated by our community. We want to create new virtual social spaces that fundamentally diverge from today’s typical social networks, focusing a lot less on appearance and a lot more on experience. We are building a social gaming platform for all gamers who enjoy playing together.
Our startup has been growing very quickly since the end of 2020, attracting more than 40 gaming talents from developers and social media experts to designers. In June 2021, we introduced our cloud gaming beta platform featuring 80+ licensed games, including titles from industry-renowned publishers such as Codemasters, Interplay, Team 17, and Data East. Discovered and supported by Y Combinator (Twitch, Reddit, Stripe, etc), our board of advisors include former SEGA CEO Kenji Matsubara, Zynga co-founders Justin Waldron and Tom Bollich, Crunchyroll’s Kun Gao, and Humble Bundle’s Jeffrey Rosen.
With almost half a million users who have joined us so far, our teams are prepping for our next chapter and are on the lookout for talented and motivated folks who share our passion for gaming and want to make a real impact while embracing a true startup spirit (autonomy, transparency, user centric).
Jam.gg is an equal opportunity employer and we proudly value and promote diversity in our team. We do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, World of Warcraft faction or disability status.
More info here on our mission, culture and team!