Cityblock Health (501+ Employees, 146% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
The People Operations team is responsible for managing the systems and processes that support the employee life cycle during their time at Cityblock. The People Operations team is seeking an Associate to support the day-to-day employee experience activities, frequently partnering with Onboarding, Talent, Business Partners, Total Rewards, and Payroll . This is a great opportunity to learn and be a part of critical operations for a scaling start-up. The Associate, People Operations will sit on the People Operations team, reporting into a People Operations leader.
In addition, you will:
- Triage and manage inbound inquiries from a variety of channels to the People Operations team, reducing the team response time average to 1 business day
- Provide reliable, timely, and enthusiastic support to our employees at all stages of their life cycle with Cityblock
- Serve as functional support for the People Operations team to complete important large cross-people team and cross-company initiatives and execution of key initiatives across the employee lifecycle
- Coordinate problem solving with team members from Payroll, CBCPs, Onboarding, IT, and Talent Operations
- Observe and identify trending issues, raising as opportunities to improve the employee experience and efficiency of the People Operations team
- Review, audit, and approve workflows and data that ensures our organizations people data is accurate and creates value.
- Be a trusted thought partner for team members and Cityfolk
- Expand the list of How-to articles and videos available to Cityfolk, enhancing their ability to self-solve and increasing the amount of answers at their fingertips
- In addition to general People Operations knowledge, you will become an expert in one particular process/system in the employee life cycle
Requirements for the Role:
- You have 3+ years customer service or HR experience in a direct service capacity
- You have an excellent communication style that can support a wide array of employment types; effective in a variety of communication settings, adjusts to fit the audience and the message, and provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization
- You have contributed to the creation of new systems or processes, optimizing for tech enhancements
- You bring an organization and process driven mindset to all of your work, improving everything you touch
- You have experience juggling multiple and shifting priorities
- You operate with consistently good judgement and have a high level of discretion and confidentiality
- You are eager to learn and responsive to feedback
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
Cityblock is not hiring for this position in the state of Colorado.
Medical Clearance (for Member-Facing Roles):
You must complete Cityblock’s medical clearance requirements, which include, but may not be limited to, evidence of immunity to MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella, and a TB screen, or have an approved medical or religious accommodation that precludes you from being vaccinated against these diseases.
Covid 19 Update – Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.