Conductor Technologies (, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Conductor is building a revolutionary cloud platform. Our mission is to lead the transition from on-premises infrastructure to cloud-based, elastic and on-demand resources for rendering, simulation and beyond. Conductor enables entire workflows of VFX and Animation facilities, whether they’re using custom tools or off the shelf software to extend seamlessly into the cloud.
Platform Development Engineer (remote)
We are a small, multi-disciplinary engineering team looking for an enthusiastic engineer to join us in crafting an indispensable part of the content creation toolset! You will need to have prior experience developing back-end services, APIs, and maintaining a cloud infrastructure defined as code (IaC). Join us in revolutionizing the media and entertainment industry for customers such as Netflix and Discovery!
Are you an ops minded engineer, and can drive a project from requirements to production? Do you like spending your time developing software as well as implementing the cloud infrastructure driving the scalability of your software? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
What to expect:
- Build cloud native platforms on AWS and GCP, systems and services for internal and external teams to interact with the large scale production systems.
- Improve and extend the capabilities of our Golang agent runtime, such as security hardening, cloud integrations, and seamless multi operating system offerings.
- Help further our expansion to an event driven architecture by writing new services, serverless functions (FaaS) or migrating legacy applications.
- Help us improve our observability and overall resiliency with insights on the performance of our services and workflows.
- Meet and greet with the hiring manager (60 minutes)
- Small homework assignment that resembles what you would be working on here at Conductor (timeboxed to 3 hours)
- Pairing session to add a feature to the previous problem; discussion on further improvements (panel over 2 hours)
- Meet members of the team (ask us anything!) (~1 hour)
- Meet our CEO (~30 minutes)
Do you want to be instrumental in the future of cloud-based services? We want to hear from you!
- Contribute to the architectural design of the platform.
- Write well designed, testable and efficient code.
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility.
- Tailor and deploy software tools, processes and metrics.
- Document code and maintain software functionality.
- Proficient in Python and Golang.
- Familiarity with AWS and/or Google Cloud.
- Experience with multi-regional Terraform deployments or other relevant IaC tooling.
- Experience designing and implementing REST APIs.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a small, remote team.
- Ability to break down complex problems into smaller pieces, provide options/trade-offs and drive the effort to solve the problem.
Highly Desired Skills/Characteristics:
- Familiarity with OpenAPI, Protocol Buffers or other code generation tooling.
- Familiarity with event driven architectures.
- Experience with relational, document, and graph databases.
- Minimum 3+ years software development experience with relevant technologies.
- Experience containerizing services with Docker.
- Experience working with container orchestrators such as Kubernetes, ECS or Nomad.
- Broad technical software and/or systems experience coupled with interest in growing skills and gaining experience depth at a growing startup.
In the media:
- Platform engineers Carlos & Jon Hashicorp EU talk.
- Interview with our CEO Mac Moore.
- BusinessWire Series A funding announcement.