General Motors (501+ Employees, 25% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Remote – This position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The Employees role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basics. In the USA this is an employee who lives more than 100 miles from their designed, Primary worksite
The Platform Hydration team is responsible for investigating, documenting, and enabling data from various desperate source systems to be ingested into the OVOC platform. The Product Manager of the Platform Hydration team is responsible for managing the team to ensure proper alignment with the OVOC steering committee while maintaining adherence to enterprise information architecture and standards. This team member will also define and implement a strategic roadmap for data hydration that includes industry best practices, team growth and strategy, new business value creation, and operational metrics. The Product Manager should be comfortable evaluating new technologies, developing employees, and be able to translate technical tasks into tangible business value.
Major Duties / Responsibilities:
- Partner with GM business units, IT, vendors, and external organizations to design and document data products
- Production delivery support & Agile Release Train Support
- Foster innovative thinking and creative problem solving using new technology
- Develop a roadmap that includes long term strategy for documentation and standardization, development of standardized data hydration work, facilitate new idea generation with visibility to senior leadership, and drive use case health and customer use case related metrics
- Lead and develop a team of employees with different levels of experience and skillsets
- Identify gaps in use case delivery and appropriately propose solutions regarding resource allocation and technology support
- Determine clear deliverables, roles, and responsibilities for the team with alignment to specific enterprise strategy, projects, and initiatives
- Ensure alignment with interfacing teams including customer master, catalog and product master, platform architecture, third party vendors, and other relevant business teams
- Master’s Degree in (Computer Science/Math/Economics/Engineering/Business) or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of industry standard Analytics, Visualizations, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence platforms and development concepts
- 10+ years’ experience translating business needs to data requirements and designing data-driven solutions supporting analytics and insights
- 5+ years leading teams to deliver technical solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analysis, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership, desire to quickly learn new things, and a “get things done” attitude
- Team player who works well in a cross functional environment
- Strong leadership skills to influence others, direct outcomes, and make this a great place to work
Other Desired Qualifications:
- Expertise in Python, Java, Scala, C#, or SQL
- Expertise with Greenplum, Hive/Hadoop, Teradata, Oracle, or equivalent
- Expertise with Power BI, Tableau, or equivalent
- Experience with event driven architecture
- Experience with Product & vehicle telemetry
- Experience with automotive data, concepts, and industry trends
- Technology and data-driven problem solving
- IT creativity with a business focus
- Automation of manual processes
- Greenfield development
- Data Exploration
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Complacency with manual solutions
Compensation: The median level of salary compensation for this role is $1,000.
Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
Benefits: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at [email protected] or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.