General Motors (501+ Employees, 25% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Remote: Position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.
The Software Defined Vehicle (SDV) team supports the definition, design, and development of the new vehicle intelligence platform that will underpin all our future innovations across a wide range of technological advancements, including EVs and expanded automated driving. This means that you can put a fingerprint on the vehicles that drive down the road! This space is bursting with emerging technical leadership opportunities. You can flex your collaboration muscles as you will be tasked with working with several other areas of engineering, IT, and the business.
General Motors’ New Ultifi Platform Reimagines What it Means to Own a Vehicle (gm.com)
Our team is looking for a passionate Platform Software Developer to contribute to the development of framework reference applications and software components for Super Cruise and Ultra Cruise features! They will assist with the configuration of the AUTOSAR (Adaptive and Classic/GM BSW) framework SW Stack and build the code in CI/CD pipeline. This Platform Developer will also support the configuration and deployment of the software for ADAS controllers . This individual will collaborate with the system engineers and architects, design engineers and integration teams to understand the SW architecture quality attributes and perform root cause analysis of problem reports as applicable. This requires coordination with outside team members and in some cases, supplier interactions (e.g., Vector, ETAS) to resolve issues. In the software space, you’ll experience an agile (SAFe), fast-paced work environment, surrounded by great mentors and teams.
This is a great role for someone who excels in a fast-paced environment and is looking for solving software architectural problems!
- Work with the software design engineers to develop reference applications or software components in C/C++.
- Configure and measure GM in-house and Supplier Adaptive and Classic AUTOSAR software.
- Perform architectural measurements.
- Generate code from models and use CI/CD software build environment (RSMT, MDK, Git Ecosystem, Gerrit, Jenkins, Jira, Artifactory Pipeline) to build platform code.
- Deploy the software and reference applications, software components to the production target ADAS controllers that has System On Chip and Microcontrollers.
- Configure the software and measure the software quality attributes e.g. latency, efficiency, safety, compute performance etc.
- Provide insights to the system engineers, architects and design engineers to improve the platform software performance.
- Contribute to a collaborative environment while working to ensure that our customers’ needs are met.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical degree
- Minimum of 2 years of software development or software-related experience
- Working knowledge with C/C++ in RTOS such as QNX, VxWorks, GreenHills, Linux (safe), etc.
- Understanding of automotive software architecture
- Experience handling multiple contending priorities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
Preferred Qualifications :
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Knowledge of Adaptive or Classic AUTOSAR standards, QNX or Linux (safe) OS
- Design/Development of Safety Critical Systems/Components (ISO 26262)
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Software as a Service (SaaS), Microservices, etc.
- Knowledge of tools such as Jira, Bitbucket, Git Ecosystem (GES), Rational Team Concert (RTC), and Rhapsody/RSMT (Interface management).
- Knowledge of vehicle architecture and serial data communications
FOR GM INTERNAL CANDIDATES: This role is posted at both the 7th and 6th level. The determination by HR and the Hiring Manager as to whether an offer will be lateral or promotional will be based on a candidate’s relevant experience and whether the role will amount to a significant increase in level of responsibility.
Compensation: This position may be filled with a mid-level (the median level of salary compensation for this role is $97,980)” OR “This position may be filled with a Sr. level candidate (the median level of salary compensation for this role is $126,756).
Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
Benefits: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at [email protected] or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.