Job Title: Portfolio Customer Success Manager (PSM)
Location: Atlanta or Remote US
WHY YOU’LL LOVE SALESLOFT:
Put Customers First. Team Over Self. Focus on Results. Bias Towards Action. Glass Half Full.
These are the values that define who we are and have empowered our staggering growth to become the #1 leader in sales engagement software.
Salesloft helps brands deliver value and create trust by connecting authentically and meaningfully with their customers. Thousands of customers depend on Salesloft’s category-leading sales engagement platform to engage in more relevant, authentic and sincere ways.
Since our founding in 2011, we have grown into a global, award-winning organization with Lofters based all over the world. As a testament to our organizational health, we have been named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Startup Employers in 2020, twice by Deloitte as a ‘Fastest-Growing Technology Company in North America,’ and have been recognized as a top workplace by Forbes, Fortune, Glassdoor, Atlanta Journal Constitution, and Inc Magazine.
We’re redefining an age-old industry! This is challenging work – but our team of brilliant creatives makes the journey thrilling. We’re fast-paced, innovative, and collaborative. We pursue excellence in everything and have a lot of fun along the way. Come join us!
Check us out on Glassdoor and see what people LOVE about working for Salesloft!
Although we’re proud of our history, we’re just as excited about the future. We want to create a world-class culture and company that attracts, develops, engages and retains the nation’s elite talent.
At Salesloft, our Portfolio Customer Success Managers are pivotal to our company’s success. You will be a key member of our fast-growing and high-performing Customer Success Organization in the US acting as a proactive resource for our valued customers. You will be able to ensure successful product adoption and retention of a large number of our customers, in a scalable way.
In this role, you will have 2 core focuses; leveraging scaled touchpoints to drive ROI across your entire customer base as well as taking a more consultative approach to your key customers. You will analyse data and work closely with the customer account team to identify the customers where your support would deliver the most impact and then proactively reach out to these customers to provide them with insight and suggestions around how they can be reaching their goals.
Your role will be to educate customers both 1:1 through best practice training, and at scale on the features and benefits of Salesloft and the value it can bring their teams. You will be showcasing the platform on a daily basis which means you will have an immediate impact on the day to day lives of many of our customers.
Remember, you are the quarterback of the customer experience and you will have an opportunity to make a difference. You are the voice of our customers in the US, providing valuable feedback to multiple cross-functional teams on how we can elevate that customer experience to the next level.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are seeking an excellent communicator with a wealth of sales engagement knowledge who will engage, retain and drive our customers’ understanding of Salesloft product offerings. You will be measured on the retention, expansion and happiness index of a book of business (Salesloft’s customers).
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for proactively reaching out to customers to offer data-driven recommendations on best practices to help them increase their ROI with Salesloft. You will be ruthlessly prioritising your book of business and coming up with new scaled approaches to ensure every customer has a wonderful experience as well as hosting customer trainings and strategy calls tto drive optimization. You will partner with sales to identify customer growth opportunities based on demonstrated value, and help strategize and execute plans to earn additional spend from the customer. You will also work with support and product teams to ensure customer feedback is captured and realized.
If you’re passionate about sales technology, providing a world-class customer experience, and thrive in a fast-paced, hyper-growth startup environment, then becoming a Portfolio Customer Success Manager is the career path for you!
Our Salesloft’s Customer Success team is comprised of seasoned and up-and-coming account management professionals who are all aligned on one mission: to redefine the Sales Engagement space and activate the authentic seller in all of us.
The Customer Success team consists of 50+ some team members who develop and maintain a deep understanding of the customer’s business drives, goals, and steer activities to align with these initiatives. They act as a liaison between internal teams to ensure customer needs are being met, partner with sales to define and achieve customers’ success criteria, and demonstrate ROI and ensure customers renew the Salesloft Product Suite. We strive to ensure customer satisfaction through inspiring, educating/training, driving adoption, managing stakeholders, and influencing the customer.
They are also the epitome of our core values – Customers First. Team Over Self. Focus on Results. Bias Towards Action. Glass Half Full.
THE SKILL SET:
- 2+ years of experience in a customer success / sales role
- Experience working with a sales engagement platform
- 1+ years of experience using the Salesforce CRM. Must have a basic to intermediate knowledge of Salesforce CRM components such as leads, activities, contacts, opportunities, and reporting. (Salesforce Admin Certification is a plus!)
- Previous experience in a SaaS/Technology company or fast growing start up preferred
- Superb listening skills and the proven ability to dig deeper to uncover the customer’s true objectives
- High level of empathy – it’s important for our CSMs to be a good person to peers and customers
- You are a clear, confident and compelling communicator — in writing, in conversation and in front of an audience
- You are extremely perceptive and are highly emotionally intelligent, making you agile in adapting your executive presence and approach to any audience and personality
- You are resourceful, scrappy and creative — if a playbook doesn’t exist yet, you go figure it out and build it for the whole team to use
- You are confident in technical conversations — hearing “API” doesn’t make you run and hide
- Willingness to travel ~5% annually
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU’LL:
- Attend Salesloft’s New Hire Orientation, where you will learn our Salesloft story and understand what makes our “Lofters” unique
- Join our 3-week Sales Bootcamp, where you will learn our software and all the skills necessary to set you up for success, allowing you to make an impact in the market quickly
- Begin 1:1’s with your manager, understand your 30-60-90 day plan, meet & shadow current members of the Salesloft team, and delve into your accounts
- Set your OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) with your manager and develop an action plan to achieve them
- Meet key partners in Account Management, Finance, Marketing, Executives etc. – they will be key relationships for you throughout your deal cycle
- Become demo certified
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Be Salesloft admin certified
- Be enrolled in our Salesloft PM certification program
- Be a product expert and feel comfortable walking a customer through all aspects of the Salesloft platform
- Have proficiency in both the Salesloft product capabilities as well as modern sales engagement best practices
- Begin engaging with your book of business through proactive touchpoints and strategic customer meetings
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Be running with your customer success plans to encourage adoption & process optimization
- Be able to show quantifiable ROI to customers in the form of success stories
- Have a greater ability to understand deep technical aspects of a product and educate customers and peers using simplified explanations
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Set an example for new CSMs, and assist in training, onboarding and motivating new Lofters
- Be a proven self-starter and able to come up to speed on complex, difficult concepts with minimal assistance
- Have a thorough understanding of the challenges an organization faces when implementing a new technology and how to help them manage change
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK AT SALESLOFT:
- You will become part of an amazing culture with a supportive CEO and smart teammates who actually care
- You will work with an amazing team you can learn from and teach
- You will experience joining a high-growth/high-traction organization
- You will hear “Yes, let’s do that!” and then have the opportunity to successfully execute on your ideas
- You will build community with Lofters of many cultures and backgrounds through ERGs and DEI initiatives
- We have a vibrant, open office that utilizes modern technology
- You will grow more here than you would anywhere else, that is a promise
Salesloft embraces diversity and invites applications from people of all walks of life. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.