Energy Vault (51-200 Employees, 149% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
About Energy Vault
Energy Vault develops sustainable energy storage solutions designed to transform the world’s approach to utility-scale energy storage for grid resiliency. Our proprietary gravity-based Energy Storage Technology and the Energy Storage Management and Integration Platform are intended to help utilities, independent power producers and large industrial energy users significantly reduce their levelized cost of energy while maintaining power reliability. Utilizing eco-friendly materials with the ability to integrate waste materials for beneficial re-use, Energy Vault is facilitating the shift to a circular economy while accelerating the clean energy transition for its customers. Energy Vault is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbols NRGV and NRGV WS. For more information, please visit www.energyvault.com.
Position Title: Application Engineer (Senior or Principal)
Location: Westlake Village, CA, Tysons Corner, VA, or REMOTE (USA)
About the role
We seek a highly experienced Principal Application Engineer to optimize our commercial activity and product development. You will collaborate with hardware and software engineers working on our technology agnostic energy storage systems to provide dynamic solutions to our clients, including utilities, governments, and industrial companies. As we rapidly grow and deliver on more contracts worldwide, you will help document and build scalable processes, technology, and products
What you will do:
- Listen to and address the needs of customers by designing a technology agnostic solution which meets and exceeds customer requirements.
- Work cross teams to pull information and resources as necessary to design and differentiate customer centric solutions.
- Run techno-economic analysis to drive optimum design and solution.
- Develop necessary tools and processes to drive continuous improvement in Energy Vault’s customer proposals and offerings.
- Assist with producing SLDs that accurately represents the proposed solutions.
- Work with business development team to identify strategic opportunities
What a qualified candidate should possess:
- 5+ years of engineering experience with Energy Storage Systems (ESS) and Renewable Generation technologies.
- BS in engineering (electrical, mechanical, or similar) strongly preferred; MS in engineering a nice to have.
- Experience with electrical power systems designed for power generation, distribution, and storage.
- Experience managing all aspects of technical solution proposal including site evaluation and analysis, technology selection and optimization, detailed costing and estimating and contract negotiations.
- Basic knowledge of UL and IEEE requirements in renewable and energy storage industry.Experience in electrical design including basic conductor sizing, protection and controls configuration and familiarity with Substation design and engineering concepts.
- Good knowledge and understanding of inverter-based power systems including basic design principles and limitations.
- Good understanding of electricity markets and products and use cases realized by Energy Storage systems.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%.
- Comfortable in fast-paced, rapid growth environments.
- A passion for sustainability, our mission, and our vision is a bonus!
At Energy Vault we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We believe inclusion creates opportunity for collaborative excellence through diversity of thought. We invite individuals of all genders, races, identities, ethnicities, sexual orientations, national origins, abilities, protected veteran status, religions, educational and socioeconomic backgrounds to explore employment with our organization.