Ethos (201-500 Employees, 224% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes!
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed in Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020. And for exciting news about our growth check out Life-Insurance Startup Ethos Valued at More Than $2.7 Billion. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About the Role
We are looking for an ambitious self-starter who can turn data into actionable insights to drive business decisions and performance. This role will put you in the middle of the action and require you to solve the most complex, interesting challenges of a rapidly-scaling startup. You will lead projects and own workstreams by developing insights through business intelligence and analytical tools. You will work cross-functionally to provide visibility and understanding into the operations of our business and empower leaders to make key decisions through critical thinking and analytical rigor. If you enjoy working in an environment that is fast-paced, mission-driven, and impact-oriented, read on and please apply!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as strategic thought partner to Strategic Finance and pods, notably Consumer and Partnerships, and be the go-to data expert in developing analyses, models, reports, and processes
- u200bu200bDevelop analytical frameworks and models to optimize business performance and process efficiency
- Be proactive with asking strategic data questions, ensuring that the right questions are being answered with appropriate level of rigor
- Dive into data and analyses and communicate findings and insights to key stakeholders to take action based on your recommendations
- Identify opportunities to empower teams with data and tools to improve performance, reduce pain points, and promote better decision making
- Partner with stakeholders to define KPIs and develop easy-to-consume dashboards and frameworks to monitor and visualize performance
- Collaborate within Analytics and with data engineers to maintain scalable business logic and data infrastructure to democratize data and propagate findings throughout the organization
Qualifications and Skills:
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field: statistics, economics, computer science, engineering, or applied math
- 7+ years of experience in data science, analytics, business intelligence, or other analytically-intensive roles at well-established firms or high-growth tech startups
- Expert knowledge of SQL required, with the ability to coach junior members of the team
- Proficiency in a scripting language such as Python or R preferred
- Expertise with tools used for data analysis, visualization, and dashboarding, such as Excel, Heap, Mode/Tableau
- Proven ability to flex between high-level strategic thinking and deep-dive analytical problem solving
- Excellent at breaking down unstructured problems and synthesizing many disparate sources of information into clear and actionable insights
- Executive level communication skills including ability to use verbal and written communication to express ideas clearly and succinctly
- Ability to operate a high degree of autonomy and ownership
- You are stimulated by solving complex problems
- You enjoy getting in the weeds but do not lose sight of the bigger picture
- You can punch above your weight when needed but also appreciate that no job is too small, no matter your title!
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.