Klaviyo (501+ Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
Principal Customer Education Specialists are responsible for planning and executing content operations and strategy to help Klaviyo customers grow their businesses.
You’ll manage the content strategy of Klaviyo Academy site, analyze customer data, ensure that the team is on track in meeting their content goals and deadlines, and create strategic content across a variety of different formats. You’ll collaborate closely with fellow members of customer education, marketing, sales, and customer success more broadly to create engaging, educational content that aligns with learning outcomes and solves customer needs.
Academy’s mission is to empower customers through educational content that meets them when and where they need it to grow their business online, so you’ll be playing a critical role in helping both Klaviyo and its customers achieve business goals.
You’ll be part of the Academy team and report to Klaviyo’s Manager of Academy.
Here are some specific things you’ll do as a Principal Academy Content Specialist:
- Develop and execute on a comprehensive content strategy. You’ll set the vision and strategy for content production on the Academy content team. This will involve working with leadership to synthesize company goals into content themes, setting deadlines, delegating projects to your peers, and holding the team accountable. You’ll also analyze customer data to identify where content can best be leveraged based on gaps in customer journey.
- Publish and promote content. You’ll own the Academy content calendar and all of the day-to-day activities that have to happen to effectively publish a piece of content. You’ll work collaboratively with the internal teams to ensure you have final copy, supporting creative assets, SEO optimization, etc., ahead of all target publish dates, and you’ll collaborate cross functionally to promote Academy content. You will also keep a pulse on team bandwidth, manage timelines and keep things on track.
- Analyze performance. You’ll review the performance of our content—what’s resonating, what’s under-performing, what’s driving traffic, what’s reducing support tickets, what has a high CSAT rating—and you’ll use data to help make decisions about what content we create.
Getting Started / Key Outcomes
In your first 30 days, you’ll have:
- Come up to speed on our audience, market, product, and company
- Spoken to at least 10 current customers
- Researched course analytics and customer data to identify gaps and areas for improvement
- Taken stock of our existing content landscape and begun formulating a strategy for future content
Within 90 days, you’ll have:
- Begun executing on your content strategy and created a comprehensive content calendar
- Collaborated cross-functionally to promote and drive internal and external visibility into Academy content
- Dug into content performance using tools like Google Sheets, Tableau, Skilljar, and Google Analytics and provided recommendations for improvement and optimization
In the first year, you’ll have:
- Built a system for creating, promoting, and sharing new courses and certifications
- Grown the base of customers using our Academy site
- Measurably reduced support tickets
- Achieved an average CSAT score of at least 90%
You’re an exceptional collaborator, project manager, strategist, and communicator. You have a customer-first mindset and deeply enjoy helping customers achieve their business goals. You have experience in using customer data to inform content strategy and develop content that solves real problems. You have a proven track record of creating engaging educational content in a variety of formats.
You’re an agile and strategic thinker with a talent for analyzing data, identifying customer needs and creating solutions that solve real problems. You’re energized by being part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial business. You have at least five years of experience in digital marketing or ecommerce, with a strong understanding of the ecommerce industry, and the goals of entrepreneurs and SMBs within it.
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company’s hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Requests can be submitted here. Additional information regarding benefits can be found here.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.