Elastic (501+ Employees, 36% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Elastic builds software to make data usable in real time and at scale for search, logging, security, and analytics use cases.
Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more at elastic.co.
We’re looking to add a new node to the Product Marketing cluster, focusing on the Elastic Enterprise Search solution, which include App Search, Workplace Search and Site Search. In this role, you will be a trusted thought partner to the product leads, working closely on jointly defining the outbound strategy and go-to-market for your Elastic Enterprise products. To be successful in this role, you will need to be comfortable with the technical aspects of your product and the markets they play in, as well as, the creative aspects of positioning technology through stories that are compelling, authentic, and engaging.
What you will be doing:
- Act as the product marketing lead for our App Search product, and take ownership of the strategy to drive awareness and market penetration for it
- Craft compelling and differentiated outbound product messaging and content
- Enable the field on our products and solutions, through training and content
- Understand and define the target personas and their buying needs
- Define and execute (with operational marketing teams) the GTM strategy for new launches & campaigns
- Build a strong partnership with peers in Product Management and Engineering and collaborate to successfully launch new releases and products
- Manage regular product releases, creating messaging and content to support
- Maintain a subset of competitive analysis for Elastic Enterprise Search solutions
- Attend Elastic events, third party trade shows and other events to help showcase our products
- Some travel may be required
What you will bring:
- Curiosity about the “how” of technology to tell compelling stories about the “why”
- Proven ability to craft engaging content, including blog posts, decks, videos, etc.
- Comfort working in a very cross functional role, with a highly distributed team
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Direct experience with the search space, and audiences that build search experiences
- Product marketing experience with SaaS product preferred
- Comfortable marketing to mix of developers and business audience
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.