Possible Finance (51-200 Employees, 109% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Possible is a venture-backed consumer fintech that has radically reinvented small-dollar loans. We are working to lend in a more affordable and sustainable way to help people improve their financial health. Building on our success, Possible is adding two additional products in the pursuit of making financial services more fair and affordable.
Now in our 4th year, we are pleased to share we have seen serious growth, helped hundreds of thousands of customers, and have a stellar rating (100,000+ people give us an average of 4.8 stars at the app store). Our team has delivered and is making a difference.
The Card Program manger is the Card expert in the organization, with deep knowledge, ownership, and leadership for the card project. Their scope of responsibility stretches from our processing systems to our operations to our underwriting and originations. They have direct responsibility for project management for all initiatives that impact our card program, as well as relationship management responsibility for our cardholder processing platform and our banking partner relationship.
This person serves as the voice in the room representing the end-to-end card system and its requirements and needs.
Cardholder Platform Partner Management
* Serves as the system expert for the Cardholder platform (provided by a third company), understanding its capabilities and configurations. In some cases directly sets and manages configurations in the systems while at other times specifying the requirements for the vendor to implement the required changes.
* Track and communicate to necessarily internal parties and outages (planned or unplanned) from the vendor and lead solutions for how to manage impacts to consumers.
* Regularly checks in (via weekly meetings or another mechanism) against the status of outstanding projects/requests
* Serves as Point of Contact between our partner and Possible, in particular around managed services (fraud, chargebacks, agent interface tools)
* Opens tickets and escalates in the event of an outage or something not working as intended
* For new product/program features that require development or support, works to translate the request to our partner using their request forms and then reviews their work order for accuracy and completeness, shares cost and timeline with relevant internal stakeholders
Banking Partner relationship management
*Manages and coordinates requests to and from our issuing bank partner, including but not limited to:
* Ensuring complete clarity in bank partner data needs and approval requirements prior to launching new features or communication or in other ways modifying the product or processing
* Providing internal groups an understanding of bank partner expectations and requirements, and following up to ensure delivery
* Provides status updates to both bank partners and internal stakeholders.
* Overall ensures we maintain a strong and open collaboration and reliably deliver against our partners' expectations
* Manages a project plan for the Card project that includes internal cross-functional dependencies (product, engineering, marketing, Operations, Credit Risk, Legal, Finance, etc) and external dependencies (issuing bank, platform partner, etc)
* Communicates project plan and any changes to all stakeholders
* Works with the card product team, department, and external owners of individual workstreams to align on project plan and update as needed
* Holds internal and external teams accountable for deliverables based on the timeline in the overall project plan
* Creates & owns risk mitigation plan when needed
Qualifications & Skills
* Intimate knowledge of how credit card programs work, preferably with experience launching a credit card program
* Detail-oriented and highly skilled at managing multiple stakeholders with varied interests and timelines
* Calm under pressure with a can-do attitude as things come up and changes occur
* An understanding of the legal and compliance restrictions in place and a creative mind to find the best way to meet these needs given business and customer goals
* Experience working with a banking partner as well as a cardholder platform
Why this is a Great Opportunity
Possible recently launched a credit card product and we are looking for someone to manage the project from end to end, and ensure continued success and growth of the card business. This is one of the most important projects for the company so it is a high visibility and a critical project for the company. You will get to interact with senior leaders across the company including product, technology, credit risk, legal, and marketing.
We are a fast-growing, fully distributed, FinTech startup that believes financial health is something everyone deserves, not just the affluent. We're committed to empowering the underserved with tools to better their economic situation. We promise to be transparent, serve with kindness, be responsible, and hold ourselves accountable for crafting positive change. Possible is backed by leading investors such as Union Square Ventures, Canvas Ventures, and FJ Labs.
Possible is fully distributed and has team members across the US and in Asia and Latin America. Our primary coordination hours are 9a to 3p Pacific Time.
Benefits (for US-based employees):
Joining an early-stage, venture-backed company does not mean you will sacrifice benefits. We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage and pay 85% of employee premiums and 50% of eligible dependent premiums. We also offer childcare and healthcare FSAs; life and disability (short- and long-term) insurance; an Employee Assistant Program; and a 401(k) plan.
Diverse, Equitable, & Inclusive Work Environment:
Possible Finance values inclusion and believes diversity at all levels is the best way for us to accomplish our mission. We aspire to be among the industry’s most inclusive work environments and are a proud equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of any status protected under federal, state, or local law.