ForgeRock (501+ Employees, 32% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Bristol, UK; Grenoble FR; Oslo NO; and Singapore. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
ForgeRock is currently looking for a Cloud Engineer to play a key role in designing, developing, supporting and improving artifacts used to facilitate deployment of the ForgeRock Identity Platform across multiple cloud providers using Kubernetes. This person will work closely with our platform and cloud engineering teams to build the foundation of the company’s future business in the Cloud.
As a key member of the Cloud Deployment team, this is a development/engineering role to design, build, deliver and support secure deployments running in containers for the modern world. This requires the candidate to be able to create complex virtual machine environments, storage, network architecture and networking on multiple cloud platforms using Kubernetes as the orchestration framework.
The end goal is to ensure that ForgeRock continues to deliver world class web access to our identity management products that are built for the cloud.
- Understand ForgeRock Identity products and how they can be best deployed in the Cloud.
- Investigate or build tools, scripts and utilities to automate the creation of complex environments on different cloud platforms.
- Develop Docker images and Kubernetes manifests to create packages that can be repeatedly deployed in a highly available way on multiple Kubernetes environments.
- Template a cloud model that can be applied across the majority of customers today.
- Manage all the source code, artifacts and configurations in a controlled manner.
- Maintain and support ForgeRock cloud artifacts, docker images, file-based configurations and assist in troubleshooting of them.
- Create automation functionality, ideally in Go or Python
- Document work following best practices relating to server infrastructure, containers, and cloud computing technologies.
- Install, execute, monitor, analyse ForgeRock products in a continuous way using Prometheus, Grafana or other monitoring tools.
- Secure the deployment and infrastructure in an automated fashion.
- Work closely with local and remote development teams, evangelize the need, and aid documentation, testing and other product teams in all aspects of cloud-based activities.
- Act as a specialist to advise engineers about Cloud deployment patterns
- Communicating information and findings verbally and in writing.
- Liaise with ForgeRock teams, partners and customers
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience in deployment of large-scale web access or identity management products
- Real production-based knowledge of DevOps with containers, using Docker and Kubernetes, ideally on one or more of OpenShift, GKE, EKS or AKS.
- Understand in detail Kubernetes concepts, tools (kubectl), package managers (Helm, Kustomize)
- Expertise on the latest Cloud compute, load balancing and scaling, storage, networking, security and virtualization technologies
- Working experience of administering or operating on cloud-based platforms such as Amazon AWS EC2, Microsoft Azure and Google GCP
- How to use DevOps workflow to go from development stage to qa and production in to continuous/automated pipeline.
- Use of modern CI/CD tools for delivery and automation
- Familiarity of configuration management with Git/Bitbucket/Stash
- Linux / UNIX system administration.
- Identity and Access Management experience a major plus
- Load, scalability, systems or performance testing experience
- Exposure to other tools such as Chef, Puppet, Vagrant, Ansible, Terraform
- Any professional services, architecture or deployment experience
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’re growing quickly, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most importantly, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day.
Here are just a few of the things that make ForgeRock special:
- A company culture that empowers you to do your best work.
- Employee Resource Groups that create a sense of belonging for everyone.
- Regular company and team bonding events.
- Competitive benefits and perks.
- Recognition programs that reward employees with meaningful experiences.
- Global volunteering and community initiatives
ForgeRock is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected and everyone has an Identity. In recruiting for new colleagues, we welcome the unique contributions you can bring and encourage you to be your best self.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.