Lambda (51-200 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Lambda’s mission is to accelerate human progress with computation. Our Deep Learning workstations, servers, and cloud services power Machine Learning engineers at the forefront of Artificial Intelligence research, fueling advancements in quantum computing, cancer detection, autonomous aircraft, drug discovery, self-driving cars, and much more.
Lambda provides Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning infrastructure to organizations like Intel, Microsoft, Amazon Research, Tencent, Kaiser Permanente, MIT, Harvard, Stanford, Caltech, and the Department of Defense.
Join us in building the future of Artificial Intelligence.
What You’ll Do
- Lead large scale projects from inception to delivery, championing excellence in both code and process
- Train and mentor other engineers across the team
- Build engineering policies, processes, and best practices, continually raising the software quality bar
- Work hands-on prototyping high-impact solutions, then see them through to production
- Heavily engage in both technical and team-level prioritization and planning
- Have firm opinions on code quality and architecture
- Have extensive experience building and maintaining public clouds
- Have a proven sense for and dedication to operational excellence
- Have an effective leadership skillset
- Are an expert in some of the following technologies:
- Linux (Ubuntu)
- Virtualization (QEMU/KVM, Libvirt, Openstack)
- Public Cloud (AWS, Oracle Cloud, GCP)
Nice To Have
- Experience maintaining open source projects
- API Development experience
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Configuration Management (Ansible)
- Relational Databases (Postgres)
- Lead the evaluation and prototyping efforts for alternative virtualization platforms
- Architectural decision making for the next iteration of Lambda Cloud
- Productionizing and standardizing integrations with storage and VM orchestration systems in multiple environments
- We offer generous cash & equity compensation.
- Investors include Gradient Ventures, Google’s AI-focused venture fund.
- We are experiencing a high rate of growth and have 10x’d over the last 3 years.
- Our research papers have been accepted into top machine learning and graphics conferences, including NeurIPS, ICCV, SIGGRAPH, and TOG.
- We have a wildly talented team of 100, and are growing fast.
- Our remote workforce, based on role, is across the U.S., with headquarters in San Francisco.
- Health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents.
- Commuter/Work from home stipends.
- 401k Plan.
- Generous and flexible paid time off policy.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match all of the listed expectations to apply for this position. We are committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lambda is an Equal Opportunity employer. Applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation and identity, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship, or any other factors prohibited by local, state, or federal law.