Color (501+ Employees, 296% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Color is a health technology company that makes population-scale healthcare programs accessible, convenient, and cost-effective for everyone. We have raised $100 million in Series E funding, bringing our valuation to $4.6 billion and our total raised amount to $378 million. We work with governments, public health institutions, employers, and national health initiatives around the world to provide the tools for preventive health and infectious disease management, including testing, vaccinations, and other services.
What we offer:
✨ Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits. Including employer HSA contributions.
Monthly lunch, phone, and wifi stipend for remote employees
Generous vacation policy, paid holidays and company-wide recharge days
Monthly stipend to spend on your well being
Equal paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
Four complimentary clinical-grade genetic testing kits for you and your family
Apply to join Color and do the most meaningful work of your career. If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified but are up for the challenge – we want you to apply!
We’re looking for an experienced privacy counsel to join our legal team. This role requires someone with expertise and experience with privacy laws, particularly in the health care domain, including HIPAA and HITECH. This is a great opportunity to work closely with other business and technical stakeholders and help scale Color’s privacy program in a mission-driven company. We are looking for a team player who brings a thoughtful, pragmatic mindset to solving problems.
What You’ll Achieve:
- Providing clear and practical advice to the various teams throughout product and engineering on the implication of privacy laws, and how to effectively comply with them
- Keep up to date with new privacy regulations and regimes, including but not limited to HIPAA, CCPA, GDPR and LGPD
- Conduct DPIAs and privacy assessments and partner closely with our product team to review new product features
- Support Color’s security team on compliance initiatives and audits
- Be an ambassador and evangelist for privacy at Color by delivering training, and building out documentation and other programming
- Help Color grow by supporting privacy initiatives
- JD from an accredited law school and U.S-qualified
- 4 years experience working in-house at a technology company as privacy counsel and/or at a law firm counseling high-growth technology companies on privacy ( in-house experience strongly preferred)
- Love privacy-related work and view protecting privacy rights not as a compliance obligation, but as the right thing to do
- Strong knowledge of HIPAA and CCPA, and familiarity with other global privacy laws.
- Experience with proactive privacy work, including reviewing and revising policies and procedures.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work cross-functionally with non-lawyers across the company to build out and managing frameworks and processes
- Comfortable with technology and relevant technology terminology
- Track record of taking initiative, having the ability to work independently, handle multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Excellent legal and business judgment with the ability both to assess and communicate risks to business partners in clear, actionable fashion to facilitate compliance programs that grow with the business
- CIPP preferred, but not required
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
Mandatory Vaccination Policy Disclosure
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Color requires anyone working onsite or visiting Color’s offices to confirm they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious accommodation is timely requested and approved. Please reach out if you have questions or concerns about this policy and how it may apply to your candidacy for a role with Color.