Kraken / Kraken Digital Asset Exchange / Kraken.com (201-500 Employees, 41% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto.
Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption.
But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions.
Kraken is backed by investors including, Money Partners Group, Hummingbird Ventures, Blockchain Capital, and Digital Currency Group, among others.
“We are empowering people to live simply, efficiently and more connected to others. We put our clients’ best interests first and foremost. They are at the heart of our company and drive everything we do. We believe in having a laser focus when pursuing our strategic goals and participate only in markets where we can make a significant contribution. We believe in complete transparency, deep collaboration and we never forget that people come first. Having this mindset allows us to grow and advance at a rate which others cannot.” Jesse Powell, CEO of Kraken
Did you know that Kraken is now over 2,500+ fully-remote people from around the world? And we’re hiring hundreds more in 2022 #werehiring #cryptocareers
About KrakenAs one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explainedto find out more about us!About the Role: The Procurement department within Finance is looking for a Procurement Operations Director/Sr Manager who will work closely with senior leadership within the Finance function as well as with senior leaders across the company to help build an efficient procure to pay process. You will work closely with the Strategic Sourcing, Accounts Payable, and FP&A teams to build out and manage an efficient procurement operations. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry and contribute to the building of the new global financial system.This role is 100% remote.
What you’ll do
- Partner with Accounts Payable and IT to drive digital transformation across the Procure to Pay process
- Oversee the creation of PR/POs to allocated vendors for a variety of goods and services performing reviews for accuracy in accounting coding
- Drive continuous improvement efforts by recommending through changes and automation, testing new processes, and implementing updates
- Manage the PO lifecycle
- Analyze purchasing data to ensure accuracy of information, purchasing procedures and identify any discrepancies, etc
- Resolve any unforeseen problems with suppliers relating to operations, purchasing or quality/performance quickly and professionally
- Work with a team of internal high-achievers to continue building, growing, and improving on our offsite production capabilities
- Participate in the delivery of relevant procurement training content to business stakeholders to ensure a consistent and standard approach for delivery of procurement best practices, policy, and tools
- Supporting other ad hoc projects as needed
- Proactively work to resolve performance issues with assigned suppliers to ensure effective and timely resolution
Who you are
- 7+ years of strategic sourcing, procurement or vendor management experience; in a high growth technology environment preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university preferably in Procurement, Business Administration or related field. MBA/advanced technical degree preferred
- Must be comfortable in a ‘roll-up your sleeves’ environment
- People management experience
- Strong relationship building, communication and project management to demonstrate project status, key actions, risks and opportunities
- Exceptional negotiating skills, along with a strong presence and ability to influence others, including senior leadership
- Self-directed, able to work independently, as well as work in a team-orientated and fast paced environment
- Nimble with ability to take decisive action to address business needs that meet corporate business objectives
- Experience in fintech, banking industry or financial markets is preferred
- Experience with cryptocurrencies and knowledge of blockchain technology is preferred
- Working knowledge of procurement platforms and tools.
Location Tagging: #US #LIRemoteWe’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don’t fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you’re passionate or knowledgable about crypto!As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws. Stay in the knowKraken Culture ExplainedFollow us on TwitterCatch up on our blogFollow us on LinkedIn