Hotjar (201-500 Employees, 113% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East (UTC-1 to UTC+3). While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
The world is undergoing a radical transformation. Work, commerce, and even education are moving online. Hotjar is at the core of that transformation.
Hotjar wants to make the web a better place. We believe many digital experiences – whether they are on desktop or mobile – quite frankly suck, and we are working to change that.
We’re building easy and intuitive product experience insight software for businesses selling online. We’re focused on helping our customers really understand what their end-users are doing on their websites – to help them find those parts of their sites that are hard to navigate, just plain broken, confusing, or simply not enjoyable.
Reporting to our Director of Data & Analytics, we’re looking for a curious & collaborative Product Analytics Team Lead, who is passionate about building data solutions and data teams and driving change through data, to join our Data Science & Analytics Group.
As a Product Analytics Team Lead in our Data ‘n’ Analytics Tribe, you’ll shape the ways in which the Product Analytics team is working with our product tribes, leveraging our data stack (Redshift, dbt, Tableau, Mixpanel, Python) to enable everyone to move quicker, with more confidence in the data. Your team will be responsible for uncovering insights from our product, enabling us to make better decisions, and building what our customers need, which means you will be responsible for creating and maintainig the environment in which your team can consistently perform at a high level.
You’ll empower the entire organization to make the best decisions possible by enabling them to have & generate accurate, timely & useful insights.
- Obtain a unique understanding of the product and its function through our data and ask the right questions proactively
- Be the representative of the Product Analytics team and liaise with the leads and the PMs in the product tribes
- Work closely with teams within the Data ‘n’ Analytics tribe, the Commercial Analytics team, and the Data Engineering group, to ensure data and information flow and harmonization
- Manage the roadmap and the priorities of the Product Analytics team
- Ensure that the right member of the Product Analytics team is in the right position, which will include hiring as well as growing the team organically
- Foster the environment in which all team members feel comfortable to be themselves and perform at their best, among others by coaching and empowering.
- Leverage & communicate the analyses conducted by the team to ensure that the right insights reach the right product stakeholder
- Support scoping complex data-centric projects across multiple squads and systems, and work on deliverables to promote bias to action
- Own the data products your team builds from end to end that enable self-serve analysis, by gathering requirements, defining the scope, and delivering on the execution of the final product
- Help analyze the effectiveness of new solutions to inform whether to double down, pivot, or eliminate a new feature or process
- Work closely with stakeholders to drive automation and identify where we can leverage our data to improve processes & decision making across the company
- Considerable work experience in analytics/data science or a directly related field, where a significant part of which is in a team lead role
- Excellent skills with analytics tools, fluency with BI/visualization tools such as tableau & SQL, knowledge of R/Python and other analysis tools
- Experience in working & managing deliverables across multiple squads, tribes, and groups within a company
- Well organised and analytical by nature
- You’re commercially driven and pragmatic. You value simple and effective solutions.
- Excellent presentation and story-telling
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture, and ways of working.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party.
The compensation range for this role is €75,000 to €100,000 annually. This was established after performing market research and is aligned with our approach to compensation. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we also provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks.
Hotjar pledges to be a harassment-free and discrimination-free company, committed to equal opportunity. We believe people from different backgrounds, with different identities and experiences, make our product, and our company, better.