Square (501+ Employees, 60% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
As a product design manager at Square, you will lead a team of product designers to build our entire communication platform, empowering us to connect with our merchants on a daily basis, driving critical operations for them and growth opportunities for Square. You’ll drive the high level vision for how the whole process works, from audience creation, content management, testing and automation tools, to measurement and governance. We’re looking for a design manager that can guide a cohesive vision for both our internal partners and external merchants, provide mentorship to the other designers on the team, and closely collaborate with our cross-functional partners.
This is a remote position.
- Lead from a customer-first perspective, advocating for the customer and approaching problems with an experience mindset.
- Partner with your peers to create and implement a bold multi-year vision and strategy.
- Build strong relationships with cross-functional team members and leads across the organization.
- Find opportunities to improve systems and processes to create more value in our business and our customer experience.
- Provide guidance of your team’s output, facilitating partnerships and the design process.
- Promote an outstanding design practice, influence product strategy, and ensure product execution.
- 8+ years of professional design experience and 1+ years of people management
- Experience effectively collaborating and maintaining relationships with a range of partners
- Ability to help drive large-scale efforts and vision for their team through the work of their reports, and often delivers their own high-level designs
- Experience managing product designers, exhibiting ability to hire, build, mentor, and motivate.
- The ability to articulate high-level team goals and connect your work to larger team or company initiatives.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. So we’re building easy tools to empower and enrich people. Tools that shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it—because we believe in fair and square. We started with a little white card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, our Cash app lets people send money instantly, and we’re building easy tools for customers, too. We’re empowering the electrician to send invoices, setting up the food truck with a delivery option, helping the clothing boutique pay its employees, and giving the coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.