OpenSea (51-200 Employees, 664% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
OpenSea is the first and largest peer-to-peer marketplace for cryptogoods (like an eBay for crypto assets), which include collectibles, gaming items, and other virtual goods backed by a blockchain. On OpenSea, anyone can buy or sell these items through a smart contract. The OpenSea team has backgrounds from Stanford, Palantir, and Google, and is funded by YCombinator, Founders Fund, Coinbase Ventures, 1Confirmation, and Blockchain Capital.
OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. OpenSea is an open, inclusive web3 platform, where individuals can come to explore NFTs and connect with each other to purchase and sell NFTs. At OpenSea, we’re excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator’s #4 ranked top private company.When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. We also know how critical it is to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. To help facilitate this, we support remote, hybrid or onsite work at either New York City, San Francisco or the Silicon Valley for the majority of our opportunities.We are looking for an experienced and highly collaborative Product Designer to join the Product & Design team. This designer will craft and manage our design system from the ground up in a way that scales across across a variety of audiences, abilities, devices, and platforms. The ideal candidate will transform these product concepts into highly engaging visual experiences and help solve complex business and design challenges, driving the vision for what a world-class experience should be. If you’re excited about the opportunity to build and shape the future of marketplaces and empowering creators and collectors, OpenSea is the place for you!
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with the Design, Product, and Engineering teams to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch
- Drive the evolution of OpenSea’s visual language by design and define interaction patterns through components, documentation, and prototypes
- Design end-to-end flows and experiences that are simple and elegant for our supported platforms
- Participate in user research and testing, as needed, to ensuring usability and product consistency
- Brainstorm and iterate with your design colleagues to help improve on the whole experience
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we’re looking for someone who is excited to join the team.
- 4+ years of product design experience with user experience and visual design on either complex enterprise software or consumer software; working across multiple platforms including web, Android, and iOS
- Have a portfolio showcasing the successful implementation of design systems that: are usable by all stakeholders; have strong documentation; show a strong link between brand and product; demonstrate meticulous attention to interaction patterns and visual design
- Take a systematic approach and have an obsessive attention to details and fundamentals of interaction and visual design
Nice to Have
- Experience and/or passionate in ecommerce and/or the blockchain
- 1+ years experience in designing and managing design systems using Figma, and have developed systems with accessibility best practice