SidelineSwap (11-50 Employees, 17% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
SidelineSwap is the #1 online marketplace in sports. Since we launched in 2015, more than a million athletes have joined our community to buy and sell their gear and we were recently named one of the fastest growing marketplaces on Andreessen Horowitz’s A16z Top 100 marketplace list (https://future.a16z.com/marketplace-100/).
Our small team is fully-remote (mostly US East Coast.) We prefer candidates who can work on standard East Coast working hours.
Join us as we empower athletes by increasing access to sports.
Build a world-class marketplace experience so that the next generation of athletes can discover high-quality, affordable sports gear.
- Own the design process for SidelineSwap’s marketplace, including research, wireframing, prototyping, high-fidelity designs, and QAing the implementation to pixel-perfection.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to deeply understand the user experience, technical dependencies, and our business goals
- Build and maintain a design system
Competencies for this role
- Great product designer. Strong aesthetic sense and knack for building delightful user experiences that drive desired business outcomes. Believes in a methodical approach towards design, from understanding problem statements to ideating on hypotheses and validating those
- Strong communicator. Strong cross-functional collaboration and communication skills and comfortable working with all stakeholders, including product managers, customer success, engineers, and marketing.
- Highly collaborative. Able to quickly work through iterative feedback cycles. Takes pride in synthesizing feedback from customers and team members to deliver practical solutions.
- Systems thinker. Takes pride in thinking through edge cases and delivering thorough, high-fidelity designs that allow our engineering team to work efficiently. Works to understand our systems in order to identify limitations and develop creative solutions that can be implemented with a reasonable amount of effort and within reasonable timeframes.
- Excellence. Passion for the craft. Holds a high standard for themselves and those around them.
- Entrepreneurial. Creative problem solver who constantly seeks ways to innovate/improve on the status quo. Self-starter who can prioritize effectively. Willing to take risks and fail. Intellectually curious about everything they do.
- Trust. Willing to trust their teammates to do their jobs well. Attempts to see problems from opposing perspectives.
- Communication. Has strong opinions, loosely held. Effectively communicates opinions. Honest – doesn’t beat around the bush when delivering critical feedback and can explain why that feedback is appropriate.
- Coachable. Willing to be pushed outside their comfort zone. Constantly seeks feedback and takes that feedback well. Always looks for ways to improve based on feedback.
- 4+ years of experience in product design (preferably working on a consumer, e-commerce, or marketplace product), including 1-2 years experience on web and native platforms (iOS and Android)
- Experience with modern day design tools (Figma, Zeplin)
- Experience working closely with engineering teams to maintain high standard of quality in final product