Trove (51-200 Employees, 120% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
About Trove Recommerce
Recognized by FastCo in 2022 as one of the World Changing Ideas Awards and in 2020 as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, Trove powers resale as a channel for the world’s most beloved brands, extending the life of millions of products and creating more inclusive, less wasteful business models. We power the technology, operations, and analytics enabling retailers to stand up a scalable and profitable branded recommerce channel.
Our end-to-end item intelligence optimizes every step of the circular journey and transforms complex logistics into a joyful customer experience, adding to brand equity without increasing carbon emissions. Building and implementing this technology can’t come soon enough, resale is growing at 5 times the rate of e-commerce and 21 times the rate of traditional retail **.
A certified B-Corp, we power in-store and online retail for leaders such as Patagonia, REI, Eileen Fisher, Arc’teryx, Lululemon, Levi’s, and Allbirds with the mission of accelerating the shift to a new era of conscious commerce essential to a sustainable future.
**Source: The Consumers Behind Fashion’s Growing Secondhand Market, BCG, 2020. Source: Trove Data
About The Role
At Trove, we believe that great customer experiences begin with design. As a Product Designer -Warehouse Systems focused on our operations platform, you will help create the digital and physical workflows that power resale for some of the world’s most beloved brands. Along the way, you will leverage your domain knowledge to form and test hypotheses through user research — and then put your insights into practice by creating beautiful, fluid UX across our suite of warehouse applications. To accomplish this, you will deftly balance a user-first design approach with the need to move quickly, scope cleverly, and ship confidently.
What You’ll Do
- Work in Figma, LucidChart, and similar apps to design the features, flows, and interactions that power Trove’s operations platform
- Validate your design approaches by supporting and leading user-testing initiatives
- Work with product managers, data analysts, and other cross-functional stakeholders to closely align your design approaches with business and market needs
- Lead generative user research initiatives that uncover new initiatives, opportunities and directions
- Steward your designs, user flows, and information architecture through the development phase
- Collaborate with a small but growing team of designers to help foster a broader culture of design thinking and user-oriented approaches
- Practiced in creating digital experiences that consider the nuances and efficiencies of operations-, logistics-, or warehouse-oriented work
- An enthusiasm for logically complex and interdependent workflows
- An approach to design that balances screen work with cross-functional collaboration
- Some experience running or supporting prototype tests, user interviews, and other user-research initiatives
- A zest for the unique opportunities and challenges of early-stage companies
- A commitment to the craft of design and its potential to drive business impact
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates all of the above (please include the link with your application materials)
Best If You
- Have experience designing for the unique needs, use cases, and working contexts of warehouse teams
- Have a passion for sustainability
- Are based in the Bay Area
- Have an eagerness to help shape the future of design at an ambitious, mission-driven company!
Trove is proud to be an equal opportunity company but we don’t want to stop there. We strive to be an anti-racist company and we believe that diversity and gender balance will help us reach our full potential. At Trove we are building a company where we are not only proud of our mission, but how we are pursuing it. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status and we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.