Platform.sh (201-500 Employees, 75% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Join a remote-first global workforce. Platform.sh is a forward-thinking tech company building a better cloud platform to create, manage and power web applications, where innovation and collaboration can easily flow, without technical barriers.
We’re a collective of diverse backgrounds seated together, testing, innovating, challenging each other, and reflecting on new ways to improve digital experiences. We’re here to help our customers thrive.
Bring your experience to our team and help us build a better way.
As the Director of Product for Developer Experience you will lead the strategy and execution of the developer experience from the first try of our product through becoming successful users and advocates within a thriving developer community and product ecosystem.
You’ll directly lead a team of Product Managers, Documentation writers and Developer Relations engineers and work collaboratively across all product, engineering and customer facing teams to empower and evangelize ideas that result in meaningful productivity improvements and joyful experiences.
The Product organization is distributed across the Americas and Europe. This position can be done from anywhere in time zones ranging from UTC-8 to UTC+2.
What you can expect to do on a daily basis
- Align multiple product initiatives to create a best of class onboarding experience for both individual users working on their first project as well as those working in large teams with many projects
- Grow, hire and mentor a team of cross functional product leaders, engineers and writers
- Ensure that the organization understands the vision and direction for the “Developer Experience” product area roadmap and strategy
- Organize the product teams and engineering resourcing in a way that best delivers product impact
- Proactively advocate for the developer “voice” and perspective throughout the product experience and across the organization
- Always be listening to user and customer feedback and transform into clear priorities, actionable improvements and new initiatives
- Distill information into succinct summaries and updates through documentation of all types, communication and presentations
- Define and analyze key metrics that inform decision making and measure success of product initiatives
- Coordinate go-to-market activities that cross multiple product initiatives and teams
What you bring
The ideal candidate will possess a unique blend of developer experience and design thinking and understanding of how to vision, build roadmaps and execute great user experience across teams and different disciplines.
- A caring mindframe and an empathetic spirit. The ability to think from other perspectives is a tool we ask of all employees
- Ability to break down silos, build trust between teams, and keep things flowing well to effectively solve complex problems together
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams on complex technical and non-technical concepts, focusing teams on solutions that bring clarity, simplicity and joy to all product experiences
- A passion for developer productivity, software development and tooling
- Experience leading a remote team geographically distributed across multiple timezones
- Excellent communication skills that are clear, concise and empower teams into action
What we bring as a team
- Join a forward-thinking tech company constantly innovating, problem solving and working together to build a better way to create, manage and power web applications
- An open work environment where your voice is welcomed on any topic
- A culture of constant improvement, no process for process sake or hierarchical red-tape
- We are a growing company and actively foster internal promotion opportunities
This is a remote job. Work from anywhere*!
We’re a worldwide, distributed team looking for the best talent. Our remote model has been in practice and thriving since 2014. To us, remote work means flexibility and having truly diverse, global teams.
*To maximize team collaboration with product, design and engineering teams, this role is preferred in the Americas and Europe/Africa in time zones ranging from UTC-8 to UTC+2.
Company perks and benefits
- Leadership that cares
- A global team rich with culture and diversity
- An open work environment where your voice is encouraged. We can always find ways to do better and look forward to hearing your ideas.
- Company-wide DE&I initiative that you can be a part of
- A product you can believe in. We’re changing the way companies develop and manage their web applications
- Wellness stipend of $300 a year
- Professional development budget of $800
- Tandem – a pool of linguists from around the world willing to help each other work on learning new languages
- $3,000 office budget at hire (computer is mandatory but spend the rest on things that help you work, from headphones to a wifi extender) and a welcome kit of branded swag
- A yearly global gift exchange – get paired up with someone 3,000 miles or kilometers away and share a part of your home
- We’re voted as A Best Place to Work. 96% of employees think Platform.sh is a great place to work
- Yearly, international, company and team meetups
About our recruitment process
We don’t expect a great hire to meet every requirement we have listed. If you can see yourself elevating the team we want to hear about your story. Few of us would be here had we not taken a chance.
You can expect 4-5 interviews on Google Meet. We leave the process fairly customizable to teams and roles, so in some scenarios we’re able to streamline the process to have minimal rounds. Expect a higher number of rounds for director level roles and above.
Additionally, you can schedule coffee chats with potential future peers while you’re in the recruitment process to see if you can envision working together. Use interview and coffee time to make sure the company aligns with your best working environment.
All roles require background checks.
About our product
We are the most unified, secure, enterprise-grade platform for building, running and scaling fleets of websites and applications. Platform.sh is trusted by 5,000+ organizations globally to create the best digital experiences.