The Freemium R&D team oversees the entire user journey on Spotify and ensures we engage with people in innovative ways, every step of the way. Our team grows Spotify’s audience by finding future listeners around the world and delivering the right value to them, at the right time. With research, product development, product design, engineering, and marketing all collaborating in one organization, we’re able to quickly create meaningful features and services for millions of people around the world, resulting in joyful, long-lasting relationships with Spotify.
When you think of commerce at Spotify, you might think of the millions of subscribers and their transactions from purchasing Premium subscriptions. But as we deliver on our mission to connect creators with fans and empower creators to live off of their art, we are diversifying revenue streams in many areas. From enabling fans to purchase merchandise from their favourite artists, to enabling podcasters to monetize ad space in their content – all of this will be powered by our commerce platform.
As a commerce platform team, our mission is to unlock commerce at Spotify through an outstanding platform that enables teams to quickly and safely build businesses and create user value. As the Product Insights team within commerce, our mission is to enable user-centric, data-driven decision making across the team. We’re looking for an experienced Product Insights manager to help us do this, whilst helping craft the future of a single unified commerce platform for Spotify.
You will lead a cross-disciplinary insights team of 5 (data scientists & user researchers) to help craft product strategies that are rooted in insight, and deliver on a results-oriented, qualitative and quantitative insights roadmap. The team’s impact will range from building our foundational understanding of users, (internal users and end users) to developing experimentation roadmaps to delivering ML in production. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in blending their hands-on technical work with people management & strategic leadership.
What you’ll do
- Manage a team of Data Scientists and User Researchers setting focus, strategy and priorities for the teams work to maximise influence and impact.
- Lead our day-to-day PI practise: managing prioritisation, working rhythms and communication across the team
- Drive high quality outcomes: ensure insights are robust and actionable, with clear success measurement, identifying areas for improvement and driving optimizations
- Be autonomous and accountable – taking full ownership over your domain.
- Be an evangelist for Insights work – within the team and beyond
- Bring our users to the forefront, ensuring data and insights are meaningful, so their needs guide us to the best solutions
Who you are
- You have significant experience with people management and leading insights teams in quantitative and/or qualitative methods.
- You are a leader with practical chops you don’t mind dusting off from time-to-time. You’ve done the work over the years, and understand what it takes to build awesome user experiences.
- You are a phenomenal communicator, with the communication skills to help you work cross-functionally with business partners. You shine most at inspiring others to carry forward and execute a strategy without needing to be in the room.
- You have a user and data-focused mentality. You understand the role and importance of qualitative and quantitative methodologies and when to deploy them.
- You bring passion and playfulness to your work and those around you.
Where you’ll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European time zone for collaboration
- We ask that our team members be located within Greenwich Mean time zone, Central European time zone, or Eastern European standard time zone for the purposes of our collaboration hours
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.