Upwork (501+ Employees, 18% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We serve everyone from one-person startups to over 30% of the Fortune 100 with a powerful, trust-driven platform that enables companies and talent to work together in new ways that unlock their potential.
Last year, more than $3.3 billion of work was done through Upwork by skilled professionals who are gaining more control by finding work they are passionate about and innovating their careers.
The Trust & Safety team seeks to deliver the trustworthy, safe, and inclusive work marketplace that sparks a global movement to reimagine work. As our Product Manager responsible for fraud prevention, dispute systems and user experience, you’ll help shape how we protect the work marketplace of the future. You’ll drive the roadmap for Payment Risk, design more friendly customer experiences when we work to remediate disputes, and build the platform infrastructure needed to sustain a safe marketplace far into the future.
- Build a prioritized roadmap that modernizes our payment risk systems and improves our users’ experiences when disputes occur
- Collaborate with partners in design, engineering, data science, research, sales, legal, and analytics to execute against that roadmap, rigorously testing hypotheses and iterating as you learn
- Build the strategic vision that maps the features we build into a broader ecosystem of systems and tools to support the future needs of Upwork Trust & Safety
- Deliver measurable results that show progress in improving customer experiences while reducing fraud and abuse on Upwork
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Proficiency in crafting sophisticated ‘iceberg’ systems, with small user-facing surface areas masking high engineering complexity
- Empathy for customers and an understanding of how to work with designers to deliver experiences that surprise and delight customers while balancing friction for bad actors
- A data-driven mentality, with the ability to synthesize quantitative and qualitative data to frame problems and develop solutions
- Strive to get things done and drive collaboration with cross-functional partners
- Flexibility to adapt to constantly evolving goals and priorities
- Prior experience in Trust & Safety, Disputes, Risk Management, Payments or Fraud
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also hire full-time employees in 19 states in the United States.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Careers page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.