Grammarly (501+ Employees, 98% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members can work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, Poland, and Portugal. Conditions permitting, teams will meet in person a few weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs, currently in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a shared workspace in Krakow.
Grammarly team members in this role must be based in the United States or Canada.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people and 30,000 teams around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Product Manager, Billing Platform to join our Product team. This role will drive our engineering team and cross-functional leadership—including business unit leaders, Marketing, Customer Support, and Finance—to develop a platform to package, price, and distribute Grammarly product offerings, as well as accurately bill and account for sales.
As Billing Platform Product Manager, you will be a key enabler of our core business unit leaders, as well as our Marketing, Customer Support, and Finance teams. Grammarly is undergoing rapid growth, not just in the number of users, but also in the types of users, types of solutions we offer, and the markets we serve. To enable this growth, our teams need a host of sophisticated ways to package, price, distribute, and support our growing list of product offerings, as well as continually adjust it. Your users will be the leaders of our organization, and together you will collaborate to unlock continued growth.
In this role, you will:
- Build a flexible, extendable platform that will not just address the immediate needs, but also serve us for the long term.
- Work with leadership to identify and prioritize the differing needs of business unit leaders (Marketing, Customer Support, Finance, and beyond), as well as the needs of the varying customer types we serve globally (individuals, developers, businesses, educational institutions, nonprofits and NGOs, public sectors, and beyond).
- Manage a long-term program of functionality that will combine into a coherent solution.
- Become an expert at packaging, pricing, placement, and billing levers (something every business needs!).
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person 2–4 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Excels at executive communication, prioritization, and building organizational alignment.
- Enjoys building platforms, always keeping in mind the long-term viability and extensibility.
- Thrives at simultaneously driving forward a mix of short-term and long-term projects.
- Has experience with
- Packaging, pricing, promotion, and placement needs in B2C and B2B.
- Accounting and revenue recognition.
- Internal tools and APIs.
- Loves learning about business customers and the way their needs differ across markets, countries, and the size of the business.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing superior health care (including mental health benefits). We also offer support to set up a home office, ample and defined time off, gym and recreation stipends, 401(k) matching, and more.
- For Colorado-based employment: The salary range for this position is $156,000-$286,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The compensation package includes a wide range of medical, dental, vision, financial, and other benefits, as well as equity.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US Federal E-Verify program.
Grammarly currently supports the long-term work of team members in the following US states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania (Kennett Township, New London Township, Pittsburgh City, Shaler Township), South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and Washington, as well as the District of Columbia
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Europe, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered on-site to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.