Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
As a Product Manager at Confluent, you’ll contribute to the mission of setting the world’s data in motion. In this role, you will be responsible for a critical surface area of our fully-managed Confluent Cloud product — our Cloud APIs.
What you’ll do:
- Define the overall vision for the user experience of our APIs
- Work with engineers to deliver high-quality experiences to users of our APIs
- Work with engineers to create design standards and frameworks to allow all of Confluent’s product teams to effectively deliver quality APIs
- Track and measure success for Confluent’s APIs
- Tell the story of how the success of your product initiatives drive Confluent’s overall success
- Seek out adjacent products to integrate with our APIs that can unlock greater user happiness
- Build relationships with partner companies to jointly drive awareness and consumption of our products via our APIs
- Curate market input so that the product and engineering organization can easily understand the most important APIs to deliver
- Curate product and engineering output so that the market and our customer-facing teams can understand the overall state of Confluent APIs
- Support engineering in vendor selection decisions pertaining to procuring products and services that help Confluent deliver on our vision for APIs
What we’re looking for:
- An ability to balance the long-term strategic view with astute, tactical action to drive continuous progress
- A creative problem solver adept at navigating through ambiguity and making data-driven decisions
- Empathetic and driven to deliver heightened customer and user experiences
- An energetic collaborator who can work with a wide variety of teammates to deliver results across our entire product portfolio
- Strong product analytics skills and data-oriented thinking. Bonus: Familiarity with Google Analytics, Segment, Amplitude, and BigQuery
- Full comfort in deeply technical areas, such as API standards, cloud networking, and DevOps tooling. Bonus: Ability to build your own demo applications to show of the capabilities of our APIs
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Americas Only.