Atlassian (501+ Employees, 122% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
With a sufficient timezone overlap with the team, we’re able to hire eligible candidates for this role from any location in Australia and New Zealand. If this sparks your interest, apply today and chat with our friendly Recruitment team further.
As a Product Manager at Atlassian you will report to the Group Product Manager. You will lead our mission to unleash the potential in every team! Join our product team to help craft and drive our vision of an Open DevOps toolchain backed by Jira Software that works seamlessly with tools across the entire software development lifecycle so software teams can discovery, build, and operate great working software in an agile way. You will create valuable, unique product experiences for our customers by leveraging connected data across 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party tools. You are someone who is extremely customer-centric and always starts by understanding their aspirations, needs, and pain points to then translate that into an exciting product vision & strategy that will inspire customers and internal teams. Your work will impact millions of users as you define the foundations for how modern software teams connect, collaborate, and accomplish outstanding things.
More about you
You love working hard to identify customer problems and build remarkable solutions for technology teams. You have prior success setting clear team goals, making priority decisions, holding yourself and the team accountable, developing a strategy to achieve those goals, and rapidly iterating towards success while keeping customers at the centre.
You communicate clearly to your team, to leaders, to customers, and to partners. You are adept at forming relationships across crafts, products and functional groups to make sure we stay aligned. Previous experience in the fields of SaaS, collaboration tools, or developer tools are a plus.
On your first day you will have;
- Previous product management experience, ideally in a fast growing software company with a cloud native architectures or SaaS based business model.
- Early experience leading and launching features/products that meet the needs of customers and the business, ideally bringing a developer focused product to product-market fit.
- Articulated 6-12 month product goals and strategies to internal and external audiences.
- Ability to paint a compelling vision to inspire cross functional teams and senior leaders.
- Ability to prioritise opportunities, balance customers needs with business needs, and clearly communicate the rationale behind decisions.
- Track record of building relationships and influencing without authority at all levels of the organisation in large scale highly collaborative companies across multiple timezones.
- Experience defining and tracking towards key business and usage success metrics.
It’s great but not required if you have;
- Computer Science or technical degree and/or have worked directly on an agile team to discover, build, and operate software continuously.
- Experience building products for team collaboration, agile software development, insights and reporting, or the DevOps market.
- A passion and expertise for building data-driven experiences.
More about our team
The Atlassian DevOps product team builds Atlassian’s products for the software development, DevOps and IT markets. We are re-inventing how developers and operations come together to enable our customers’ mission critical digital transformations all around the world. Our team is responsible not just for individual products but delivering a unified software development experience across our first party tools and those of our third party partners. The Product Management team is defined by our connection to customers. We empathise with their struggles and are passionate about crafting solutions to understand, validate, and solve their problems. Collaboration is our glue, whether it is working with engineering, design, project management or product marketing. From the smallest details to three year planning and vision, we are the meeting point of business, technology and customer solutionsand we love it every step of the way.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians drive our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we’re motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .