Astronomer (51-200 Employees, 287% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Astronomer helps organizations adopt Apache Airflow, an open-source data workflow orchestration platform.
Astronomer is the commercial developer of Apache Airflow, a community-driven open-source tool that’s leading the market in data orchestration. We’re a globally-distributed and rapidly growing venture-backed team of learners, innovators and collaborators. Our mission is to build an Enterprise-grade product that makes it easy for data teams at Fortune 500’s and startups alike to adopt Apache Airflow. As a member of our team, you will be at the forefront of the industry as we strive to make Apache Airflow the de-facto standard in data orchestration.
The Astronomer Airflow-as-a-Service platform is going through tremendous growth and we are re-imagining data engineering workflows. We are looking for a Product Manager to join our team and help optimize our customer experiences as they build, run and manage their data pipelines.
- Work with key stakeholders to define and articulate product vision and strategy to support the next generation of data orchestration experience in our airflow-as-a service platform
- Engage with customers and understand their data use cases and the pain points they are experiencing with current solutions both open source and commercial
- Ability to synthesize information from customers, internal users and industry trends into an actionable, data driven roadmap
- Guide feature and service requirements based on feedback gathered from our customers directly as well as our Growth and Customer Support/Success teams.
- Guide the application of latest industry thinking into our technology platform to improve its performance, reliability and scalability
- Develop detailed use-cases and product requirements, working closely with the engineering team through the design, development, and release processes
- Support product marketing and sales enablement to craft customer-focused messaging and content
Necessary Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Having built products in the Data Engineering or ETL space would be a tremendous value-add
- Highly self-motivated and strong customer empathy demonstrated with multiple customer engagements
- An excellent communicator, written and verbal, and enjoys a fast-paced work environment
- A systematic thinker able to extract simplicity from complexity
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
- Proven track record of thought leadership in product management
- Adept in Agile development methodologies
Desirable Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of experience in product management with B2B Infrastructure Software
- A good understanding of Kubernetes and its ecosystem
- Prior development experience will be a plus
- Open source experience and knowledge of the Apache Airflow ecosystem would be a plus
At Astronomer, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Astronomer is a remote-first company.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.