Cara Care Health (11-50 Employees, 84% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Cara Care aims to support every person in the world with a gastrointestinal disease with the first therapeutic digital companion for digestive care. Our platform combines the power of UX, UI, Data Science, Marketing, Tech, Medicine, Business, and Psychology to shape the user experience and provide the first evidence-based, digital therapy for digestive health. To date, Cara Care has helped more than 650,000 people across Germany and the United States manage digestive diseases with over a 78% success rate.
How it works
By downloading the Cara Care app, individuals can choose from three medical devices to receive support for conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome (Cara Care for IBS), inflammatory bowel disease (Cara Care for IBD), or heartburn-related indications (Cara Care for Heartburn). With Cara Care for IBS being approved by the German Federal Institute for Drugs and Medical Devices as a digital health application, individuals are now able to profit from the first reimbursable digital IBS therapeutic. All three medical devices make use of a guideline-based algorithm in order to set up a personalized 12-week intervention program with the aim to alleviate symptoms. Individuals have access to medically approved treatment measures such as dietary therapy, gut-directed hypnosis, and cognitive-behavioral therapy. The program also entails a digital food and symptom log which helps to identify individual trigger factors.
The digital therapeutics Cara Care offers a holistic approach that is fuelled by the (scientifically backed) belief that any GI condition is highly influenced by factors such as diet but also mental health. This concept puts the affected individual into focus: By providing individualized self-management instructions that take account of user characteristics. Patients are empowered to avail of a therapy that they personally profit from the most.
According to the Massachusetts Medical Society, gastrointestinal diseases cost $136 billion annually in healthcare expenditures, more than heart disease and trauma in annual costs. Tens of millions of individuals deal with gut issues, and there is a huge gap between those who seek GI help and those who suffer. Digital therapeutics is a part of the next wave in healthcare, and mobile software can have a significant therapeutic effect on patients. According to the U.S. National Library of Medicine, point-of-care tools such as applications on smartphones have been shown to support better clinical decision-making and improved patient outcomes. Offering a mobile product gives users a more convenient and comfortable way of tackling their health issues.
We are looking for a Product Manager (m/w/x) to support us in our mission with immediate effect.
As one of our Product Managers you will take ownership of the implementation of new features and requirements from discovery to launch of our medical devices in 2 geographies.
What it is like to work with us
We are an interdisciplinary team of doctors, designers and software engineers who are all passionate about what we are building and how it can help people. Our work is inspired by our patient’s journey and our actions are focused on impact and results. We thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment, while appreciating what it means to be healthy and well.
To learn a bit more about our motivation, our team and company, you can visit our career page: https://cara.care/careers
- You are responsible for the product management fundamentals before, during and after each sprint
- You know and monitor the latest product-relevant technological, systemic and regulatory developments and make sure that we meet and maintain regulatory product requirements (MDR, DiGA, BSI)
- You map the user journey and can find creative ways to improve it to make it more user friendly and responsive to the user’s needs
- You manage cross-functional initiatives with other teams (for e.g. engineering, medical, marketing) to ensure timely delivery of projects
- You are responsible for monitoring product success metrics by balancing health impact, user experience, technical effort and growth
- You support to build out interfaces to payers and HCPs (health care professionals)
- You support to implement new medical interoperability standards and connect the product to the telematic infrastructure
- You have 2+ years experience with Product Management or Project Management – a mix of early and mature stage company experience is a plus
- You have a background in computer science, design, business, medicine or similar
- You are a good facilitator and communicator with excellent written and oral communication skills
- You are a proven team-player and problem solver, motivated to shape world-class products at a fast growing health startup. You will partner closely with our operations team including health coaches, medical content writers and physicians to help shaping experiences for patients that seamlessly blend human input with software
- You have excellent organisational and analytical skills with strong technical abilities
- You have strong social skills and bring experience in understanding team dynamics and concerns
- You have a passion for cybersecurity and medical interoperability
- Meaningful work – help people improve their lives
- A vibrant team and a friendly working atmosphere
- Ability to significantly influence the direction of our startup
- Competitive salary with regularly salary reviews
- Participate from our success: Equity options
- 26 days holiday a year (plus public holidays)
- The best equipment and setup to be productive
- Flexible working hours. If you prefer early starts, late finishes or remote
At Cara Care we care about equal opportunities
Diversity is important to us. We need a team with all kinds of different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. That’s why we’re committed to hiring people regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
We understand that applying for a new job takes a lot of work and we really value your time. Our team is looking forward to reading your application!