Truss Works (51-200 Employees, 79% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Truss is an information technology company that helps businesses increase capacity.
* This posting will be open until 10am PT on Friday 8/6/2021.
Truss is tackling tough technical problems for the private sector and government. We practice and advocate modern development practices to build software and streamline infrastructure.
Truss is a software consultancy known for pragmatism, autonomy, expertise, and trust. We build strong relationships with our clients, contractors, and employees and we believe that this is fundamental to doing great work. As a Truss Product Manager you will facilitate bringing our values to our clients and help drive toward understanding what their end users truly need.
We are seeking leaders to have a significant impact on the services offered by the government to US citizens. This position is a level 3 Product Manager as described in our leveling guide. A position with Truss will allow you to continuously enrich your skill-set working in an energetic yet balanced environment with a team of curious, helpful people. As a company, Truss advocates for a healthy work/life balance.
The purpose of the product practice at Truss is to guide our teams and clients to focus on delivering the most impactful work for our users. The Product Manager’s role is to coordinate the work of stakeholders and of an agile software development team towards identifying and delivering that work.
Here’s what we hope you’ll bring:
- 4+ years of software product management and/or closely related experience.
- Experience working in agile software development team(s).
- Experience leading agile ceremonies and coordinating project teams.
- Experience gathering product insights and prioritizing efforts to drive outcome-based delivery.
- Experience participating in strategic discussions and stakeholder interactions.
- Deep sense of empathy for the end users, stakeholders, and your project team.
- A willingness to change your mind, elevate all voices, and ask for help.
- Experience working with the federal government preferred.
In this position you will:
- Coordinate a cross-functional software project team to deliver on outcomes with the greatest impact.
- Understand stakeholder and end user needs.
- Coordinate stakeholder relationships and communications.
- Manage scope definition, feature prioritization, and roadmap planning.
- Create effective user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Regularly identify gaps, opportunities and risks.
- Promote healthy and productive communication within the team and with stakeholders.
- Support and adopt product management best practices within Truss and with our clients.
The salary for this position is: $141,000 – 157,000
If you have more experience than is reflected here, that’s great! We’ll be pleased to exercise your broader/deeper skill set. We value inclusion and welcome diverse viewpoints. You must be eligible to work in the US and you must reside in the US. Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor work visas at this time. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!