EventMobi (51-200 Employees, 12% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
** EventMobi is a remote-first company and this is a remote job. You may reside anywhere in the world to do this job. However, you must be willing to work during Eastern Standard Time business hours.
Events and conferences are being reimagined online, and EventMobi is building on ten years of event technology experience to innovate one of the most flexible and engaging virtual event platforms. We are an award-winning tech startup with teams in Toronto, Berlin and Manila, with thousands of customers around the globe.
We believe that live events bring people together to enable change – both in business and our society at large. In the era of COVID-19, we have become a remote-first company and are hard at work helping thousands of events pivot to virtual. EventMobi has a huge impact on the success of our customers’ events and on their attendee experience. We are on a mission to revolutionize how event planners create, market and manage their virtual and in-person events, and how remote and on-site attendees experience conferences. We would love for you to join us and leave your mark.
If you are looking for a role that will give you the freedom to apply your product management art and an opportunity to make your mark by helping to redefine an industry – then you’ve come to the right place! The Product team at EventMobi works tirelessly to dig deeper, identify problems and drive the prioritization and solutions forward. As a PO, you must enjoy taking the initiative to empathize with our customers, understand our business needs and work with our designers and the engineering team to deliver quality solutions.
WHAT YOUR WORK WILL FOCUS ON
- Champion product initiatives and be the driving force that aligns stakeholders and moves the project forward
- Participate in weekly scrum meetings and coordinate with engineering to ensure we are working on the most impactful issues at any given time
- Manage the backlog of prioritized features and bugs
- Collect feedback from customers to inform the product prioritization process
- Break down product features into smaller epics and stories to help the team continuously deliver in an agile environment
- Manage the release process and the consequential customer impact of new features and updates
- Maintain the product documentation from concept to release
- Communicate and train staff with new product updates
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of EventMobi product process
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TEAM
- Project Chops: 4+ years of experience as project manager and/or product owner and with keeping projects on track and on time.
- Excellent Written Communication: Ability to diligently capture details and nuances in written documentation.
- Great Interpersonal Skills: A knack for managing stakeholder relationships across different teams within the organization.
- Technical Chops: Solid understanding of agile software development. Collaborate closely with engineers to find ways to deliver value to customers sooner rather than later while simultaneously balancing the needs for addressing bugs and tech debt.
- A Unicycle: Know how to strike a balance between business needs, customer wants and engineering feasibility.
- Light Bulb: You can communicate complex ideas with simplicity, and can rally people behind your ideas.
- Lab Coat: Obsession with learning, experimenting and perfecting your product art.
- Love of Events: Prior experience in managing or organizing events is a plus.
- Everything above and all that makes you unique!
REMOTE WORKSPACE REQUIREMENTS:
- You have a safe, comfortable, and ergonomic workspace and working environment – a private and quiet workspace is vital for doing your best work!
- You have a reliable ethernet connection of at least 30Mbps upload speed with a wired connection or reliable WiFi at home.
WHAT WILL YOU GET FROM EVENTMOBI?
- We offer the experience of a lifetime working with a dynamic, open-minded and diverse team, who are excited to come to work every day and passionate about what they do and the clients they help
- The Gear – Macbook & other tech essentials for remote work
- Competitive compensation
- Company Stock-Options (Canada Only)
- Ongoing coaching & personal development
LEARN MORE ABOUT EVENTMOBI & OUR REMOTE-FIRST CULTURE
We’re focused on building the most comprehensive event and conference management platform. Our mission is to help planners create incredible event experiences with technology, as we believe live events online or in-person, bring people together to enable change. We’ve already changed how 15,000+ events in 70+ countries use technology at their events, and most recently supported over 8000+ hours of virtual events.
EventMobi is a remote-first company with a distributed global workforce. We do have local offices in Toronto, Manila and Berlin but everyone is equal and communicates the same way regardless if you work from home or from the office. We are improving our working culture to be more asynchronous, with better documentation, goal setting and collaborative technologies for remote work.
Being accountable along with effective planning and communication to deliver results per expectation, is a critical aspect of our success as a remote-first company. We offer flexible work hours in local time zones and encourage healthy work life balance. We have dedicated days and hours for live company wide meetings and practice asynchronous modes of sharing and collaborating as much possible.
If you are interested in seeing EventMobi in action, check out some of the videos below. If you are really keen, sign up for one of our upcoming webinars to learn more about our software and virtual event solution:
- Weekly Webinars
- The Experience Manager Platform
- The EventMobi Mobile Event App
- “The Nature of Events” – a fun video showcasing the EventMobi Team
- Top brands and organizations from around the world have used EventMobi’s event app technology to create incredible event experiences – hear directly from our customers.
- Meet and hear from a few Mobiers here: Kate from our Events team. Phil and Wayne from our Customer Experience team
EventMobi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
**No Recruiters Please**