Trove (201-500 Employees, 138% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
About Trove Recommerce
Trove is a mission-driven company that has been called a “sharing economy powerhouse” by Fortune magazine for its innovative approach to recommerce. We are at the forefront of creating the circular economy by partnering with the world’s leading brands to make it easy for them to buy back and resell their items.
Traditional commerce models are tailored to handle large quantities of individual SKUs, but our white-label technology and logistics are specially built to receive, evaluate, photograph, post and fulfill one-of-a-kind items for the secondary market. Resale is a revenue and customer engagement opportunity growing at 5 times the rate of e-commerce and 25 times the rate of traditional retail. Not only is it good business, it’s essential for the planet.
We’ve recently launched resale marketplaces like Nordstrom See You Tomorrow, Patagonia Worn Wear, REI Used Gear, Eileen Fisher Renew, Arc’teryx Used Gear, and Levi’s with a strong pipeline of brands eager to participate in the circular economy.
About the Photo Retoucher
The photo retoucher is responsible for image correction, color accuracy, and photo composition for our product styled photographs that meet our brand partners’ high standards. Because we capture images for individual items, our Retoucher associates need to maintain quality while handling a high volume of images every day. The ideal candidate is able to adapt to changing priorities and is able to thrive in a fast paced start-up environment. You will need to possess a keen eye for composition and presentation, strong attention to detail, and understanding of standards across our different brand partners. You play a key role in ensuring our images meet our company standards and deliver a great customer experience. You will report to the Photo Manager.
- Editing high quality images in a fast-paced and fluid high-volume environment
- Use CaptureOne to crop, adjust exposure, and correct color according to company standards
- Export, organize, and provide final images into a shared environment
- Ensure consistent technical quality and aesthetics for all photography crafted and delivered by the photo studio department
- Process images to support the workflow of the photography department
- Understand deadlines and schedules in order to help prioritize product
- Keep photos organized and distributed in a timely manner
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and CaptureOne
- Experience working with Adobe Photoshop (color correction tools, shadows, background removal, and cropping)
- Strong organizational skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong teamwork skills
- Strong knowledge of Mac based equipment
- Passion for fashion photography and image retouching
- Ability to respond well to changing priorities, workflows, and information
- Adaptable and open to learning new processes and programs
Why you’ll love working here
- Join a tight-knit team taking on a huge opportunity
- You’ll have a positive impact on the world while doing your job
- Help tell the story of unique items crafted with care
- Photography work with a regular, predictable schedule
- Work with awesome visionary partner brands and retailers
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)
***For Consideration, please provide the following items:
- A resume highlighting your relevant experience
- A link to your website and/or portfolio, if available
This job description is to be used merely as a guide of expectations rather than an exhaustive list of all duties and competencies. All requirements and skills are subject to change as business needs evolve.
Our warehouse/office is located in Brisbane, CA — two miles south of San Francisco — and most exempt employees work onsite one day per week and remotely otherwise.
Trove is proud to be an equal opportunity company and is an affirmative action employer. We believe that diversity and gender balance will help us reach our potential. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.