Tucows (501+ Employees, 32% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Tucows is an Information Technology & Services company.
We’ve given some serious thought to who we are as a company, what our goals are, and how we’re going to achieve them. We have made a dedication to the principles that guide our everyday decisions.
We work as a team to exceed our customers’ expectations. We protect the Tucows brand by delivering the highest quality standards in every aspect of our business. Even though we’re a pretty large company, we strive to limit bureaucracy and get good ideas off the ground quickly.
We believe anyone, at any level in the organization, can bring forward ideas, initiatives and creative input.
Our platforms provide 24×7 availability and a high degree of scalability and enable millions and millions of email messages, API calls, and transactions, every day. We work in real-time, so it requires a steady hand and a cool head.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineering Lead to guide our team, which builds and maintains a host of services that are used across all of Tucows’ major business units. We are evolving our platforms to microservices to enable functions within Tucows across all of our platforms.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a team of engineers to build and support scalable, reliable, and resilient microservices
- Provide level of effort estimates for delivering features and ensure your team meets those commitments.
- Collaborate with other Engineering Team Leads to define shared services’ features, including technical and performance requirements.
- Lead the development process with Agile software development tools and standard methodologies
- Learn, grow, and have fun!
Who You Are:
- You have 3+ years leading a team of engineers that developed customer facing applications
- You think carefully about how to roll out features and improvements to the applications you support while minimizing/avoiding customer downtime
- Have software engineering experience and a consistent record of writing elegant, maintainable, self-documenting code in Python.
- You have 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- You have experience with web frameworks such as Flask, Django, and FastAPI.
- Have experience with open source databases such as Postgres and MariaDB.
- You are familiar with microservice architecture frameworks and design patterns.
- You understand modern CICD practices that include Infrastructure as Code and automated deployment pipelines
- You know, and can demonstrate, the value of agile processes, continuous integration, and continuous delivery.
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge with people you work with.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You love to collaborate, are a great teammate, an excellent listener, and are fun to work with.
Who You Might Be:
- Someone with wholesale or retail domain names experience.
- A person who’s worked for an ISP.
- Someone that’s familiar with telcos, especially MVNOs.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package with invested growth opportunities. If you are ready to be part of a fast-growing technology company where you determine your future, we want to hear from you.