Wurl (51-200 Employees, 221% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
About Wurl, LLC.
Do you want to help grow an incredible entertainment and ad tech company with a fantastic culture, collaborate and grow your career, while working remotely?
Wurl is redefining TV through our mission of connecting all the world’s programming with all the world’s viewers. And in pursuit of this, Wurl has become the world leader in powering streaming TV. Our industry-leading platform helps renowned media companies such as A+E Networks, AMC Networks, BBC Studios, Bloomberg, CNN, Reuters, and Sony create streaming TV channels and deliver programming to the world’s biggest Streamers, including Amazon, Roku, Samsung TV Plus, LG, VIZIO, and Rakuten. Today, Wurl interconnects over 1200 streaming channels and Streamers, reaching more than 300 million connected TVs in over 50 countries. The Wurl Network makes it effortless for Content Companies to build global distribution for branded FAST channels, live events, and on-demand programming, as well as manage and monetize their ad inventory.
We’re an entertainment tech startup with 160+ team members across the world. We’ve been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” after the first two years by fostering an inclusive and mission-driven culture. In addition to RSU’s and great benefits, our people work remotely.
QA Automation Engineer – Remote:
We are looking for a Software QA Automation Engineer with analytical approach and eye for detail to join the team that delivers software solutions of high quality. In this role the main focus will be testing and automation of new features. You will work very closely with the development team and other cross functional teams to ensure quality is of the highest level. A strong candidate will have the ability to research, innovate and think outside the box.
It’s an added advantage to have streaming technology experience since In this role you will also get to work on key video services projects around video ingestion, encoding, VoD/Linear, DRM with the goal of delivering best-in-class streaming on CTV.
Our team is cooperative, transparent and fun loving. There is a tremendous growth opportunity!
What You’ll Do:
- In this role, your responsibilities will include designing and implementing test cases and test plans
- Perform functional testing on a variety of software products
- Estimate, prioritize plan and coordinate testing activities
- First level triaging and analysis of issues found during testing
- Reporting of test results to various cross functional teams, and should be able to confidently represent QA concerns in meetings
- Automating test scenarios
- Creating tools (apps, scripts, etc) to help with testing efforts
- Effectively coordinate with remote team members in different timezones
- 3+ years of experience in functional, integration and API testing
- 2+ years of automation experience (creating or utilizing existing test frameworks)
- Proficiency in Python, Ruby or similar languages
- Familiarity with Unix and shell scripting
- Should have basic knowledge of writing SQL and GQL queries
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with Agile process
- Hands on experience with GIT
- Hands-on experience with test tools such as Jira and test management systems
- Experience working with AWS services like EC2, Lambda, RDS, S3, SQS etc.
- Curiosity to learn is a must!!!
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Selenium WebDriver, Robot Framework a plus
- Performance testing experience is a plus
- Experience with automated CI environments and tools, preferably Jenkins
- Knowledge of open-source software like FFMPEG and nginx.
- Knowledge of Adaptive Video Streaming Technology (HLS, DASH)
- Understanding of audio/video muxing, streaming codecs, and streaming protocols.
- Some experience with information security is helpful as customer’s place their intellectual property in our hands and trust us to treat it accordingly.
What We Offer
Competitive Salary & Equity
Strong Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits, 90% paid by Wurl
Remote first policy
Flexible Time Off
12 US Holidays
Pre-Tax Savings Plans, HSA & FSA
Ginger, Aaptiv and Headspace subscriptions for mental and physical wellness
OneMedical subscription for 24/7 convenient medical care
Paid Maternity and Parental Leave for all family additions
Discounted PetPlan and easy at home access to Covid testing with empowerDX
$1k Work From Home Stipend to set up your Office
Few companies allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, team collaboration and you will understand what we mean by ‘human connection”. You will be proud to say you’re a part of the company revolutionizing TV.
At Wurl, we value work-life harmony and believe that family and mental health should always come first. Our team is fiercely passionate and contagiously enthusiastic about what we are building. While we are seeking those who know our industry, there is no perfect candidate and we want to encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all requirements.