Fuzzy Pet Health (51-200 Employees, 260% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Fuzzy is your pet health partner. On a mission to make pet care more accessible, Fuzzy is a subscription-based service offering members 24/7 Live Vet Chat support, virtual vet consultations, and on-demand answers from a team of licensed, on-staff pet health experts. Fuzzy also offers pet parents vet-tested and recommended products and personalized programs for nutrition, training, and obedience.
Through technology, we’re creating a different type of relationship between pet parents and their veterinary caregivers – one that’s personal, empowering, and focused on improving the lives of animals.
Fuzzy is seeking QA Engineers that can identify with the pet parents we serve, to thoughtfully analyze issues, gaps, and defects, while independently developing tests to ensure the best quality software is being delivered to our members. We are here to ensure that as Fuzzy expands to be a part of more and more pet parents’ lives, the software we are delivering to them is not only good quality but meets the needs of their pets and the pet parent. This role is highly collaborative and cross-functional. You will work closely with product managers, designers, our staff of highly accomplished veterinarians and engineers to build and launch software that will change how pet parents care for their pets. We believe QA starts at the beginning of a project not the end. Meaning, you must have the mindset that true quality comes from best practices, thoughtful processes, and carefully developed requirements.
- Analyze product requirements, for gaps or issues that would lead to defects
- Create test plans/cases that support Behavior Driven development (BDD) and Test Driven development (TDD)
- Manually execute tests as needed
- Automate test cases using Selenium and Appium
- Diagnose, debug and perform root-cause analysis of issues and defects
- Actively participate in test planning discussions to assure automation coverage is continuously improving
- Responsible for creating and maintaining various testing platforms
- Balance the need to move quickly with establishing & maintaining processes for security, scalability & reliability
What We’re Looking For
- Passion for software development, testing and problem-solving
- 3+ years’ experience in QA role with automation responsibilities.
- Experience using tools like Selenium/Appium, Browserstack/Saucelabs.
- Must have previous hands-on experience writing automated tests for front-end, back-end, native mobile apps, and REST API servicesapplications
- Experience with CICD processes, tools, and platforms.
- Experience working with distributed teams.
- Experience working with PostgreSQL (or similar) databases and tools.
- Experience with Jira and other project management software.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer science or related field preferred.
- Team player as well as self-starter who is well organized.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Our Tech Stack
- Ruby on Rails 6
- Swift, Kotlin
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Fuzzy, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Fuzzyrs and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, veteran status, and any other status. Fuzzy is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.