OpenPhone (11-50 Employees, 443% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
For millions of teams working in dozens of industries, day-to-day business gets done on the phone. So why—despite the huge leaps we’ve taken in design and usability—does most business phone software still look, feel, and act like it was born in the 90s?
OpenPhone is changing that. We’re the modern, sophisticated answer to the clunky, outdated phone systems that have been slowing down businesses for years. And after earning 20,000 happy customers and 52M in funding in just four years, it’s safe to say we’re onto something big.
Our team is curious, ambitious, and dedicated to their crafts. We’re high trust with a strong bias for action. If you’re looking for a place to do your life’s work, get in touch. We’d love to hear from you.
At OpenPhone, our QA team is growing and looking for testers who will play a vital role in ensuring the quality of our upcoming releases. You’ll help test and scale a world class application that’s re-imagining the modern day business phone.
If you’re looking for a challenge and want to make a significant impact at a high-growth startup, this is the right opportunity for you.
Here are some things you’ll do:
- Be a vocal proponent of quality during every phase of the development process
- Craft thoughtful, comprehensive test plans that cover all edge cases
- Create test cases and test suites that are easy to follow and well structured
- Execute tests across multiple platforms including Web, iOS, Android, macOS and Windows
- Find, isolate, report and track defects within our bug tracking tool
- Generate test reports and effectively communicate that data to project stake holders
- Triage incoming bugs reported by our customers, identify trends, and escalate urgent issues as necessary
- Work remote from anywhere in North America!
- You value high quality, clean, intuitive software that “just works”
- You’ve been called a perfectionist – and it makes you smile
- You pride yourself on being able to break things effortlessly. As if they just break in your presence
- You’re able to dig into difficult problems and break them down into easy to understand bug reports
- You’re comfortable in a fast paced agile development environment
- You’re interested in joining a small, but growing QA team where your contributions will have a large impact
There’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. We’re looking for an optimist with grit and determination, who is excited to face the challenges of a growing startup. OpenPhone is the type of company where you can grow, and we encourage you to apply to us even if you don’t 100% match the exact candidate description.
OpenPhone is a new type of business phone. Our mission is to help people communicate better and be more productive.
We’re backed by Y Combinator and the best venture firms including Slow Ventures, Kindred Ventures, and others. We’re serving thousands of businesses around the world and growing quickly. We take a lot of pride in providing an exceptional customer experience and a product people love. Our customers rated us #1 on all possible categories on G2 Crowd.
We’re a distributed team working from San Francisco, Seattle, Ottawa, Moscow, Manila, Phoenix, and Sydney.
We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.