Elucidat (51-200 Employees, 64% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
As a QA Manager you’ll plan & deliver quality assurance programs to ensure our product work can be built & delivered safely.
Elucidat provides a platform which enables our customers to build awesome training at scale. Are you a passionate, experienced QA Manager who loves solving problems and empowering people to achieve great results with the software they use? If so, join us in helping some of the world’s largest organisations deliver a transformational impact with the learning they produce for their teams.
Location: UK based, fully remote
Elucidat is officially one of the UK’s Best Workplaces in 2022 according to Great Place to Work. This is a great opportunity to join a passionate, smart and fun team. You’ll be supporting us at an exciting stage of our growth.
What we do
We’re a SaaS business with a vision to help build more successful, more ethical businesses through people-centered training. Our platform helps big employers drive down the cost of business-critical training. We make elearning easy to produce – super fast. We work with some of the worlds most successful organizations, including Oxfam, Tesco and DECIEM.
We put people first. We know that life is about more than work, so we give you space and support to thrive professionally and personally. Our success is fuelled by the positive attitudes and exceptional talent of our team, who live by our Learn, Care, Share values every day
Department: Product Development
Reports to: Chief Technical Officer (CTO)
Line management responsibility: QA team (5-6 direct reports)
- Own and manage our ‘Shift Left’ QA strategy & set out a roadmap for getting us there
- Embed new processes & tooling to support the roadmap
- Grow a team of QAs, ensuring they have the skills & training necessary to be exceptional at their work.
- Manage our Release process. As well as QA Analysts and Automation Engineers – our Release Manager reports to you. This ensures that you can manage the delivery of quality releases to our customers end to end
- Help the team organise their work & ensure high quality product updates are delivered to our customers – every week
- Ensure that testing activities are well documented & reusable.
- Report directly to the CTO & provide feedback to help adapt & enhance our processes
- Your key metrics are ‘Release health’ (Number of regressions that get to customers) and ‘Release Cycle time’ (how long it takes to test and certify a release)
- Track record of setting up solid QA strategies & processes
- Previous experience with the full software development life-cycle
- Will have used quality metrics to identify opportunities for improvement
- Depths of experience testing web applications & APIs
- Experience building & managing teams
- Great communication skills
- Nice to have…
- An understanding of, or experience within an e-learning context
- A background of, or experience within a startup
- Hands-on Automation experience
Elucidat wants you to flourish and thrive. We will support your development and career progression in ways that work for you, whether that’s to larger or different roles in your area or in other directions, including through career plans, pro-active development work and your dedicated monthly learning day.
- Our company values are ‘Learn, Care, Share’ which we apply to all aspects of our work, from our flexible working opportunities, to our friendly, supportive culture
- Flexible working and a healthy work/life balance – opportunities to help you juggle other commitments, work from home, and childcare
- Competitive salary, 25 days holiday (increasing to 30 with tenure)
- Inclusion in the company wide bonus scheme, designed to reward all employees as the business achieves new milestones
- Health benefits covering physical and mental wellbeing through Health Shield cash plan
- Opportunities to grow with career pathways
- 1 day per month dedicated learning time for all staff
- Happier weekdays – A meeting-light culture and opportunities to get to know team members better through things like weekly ‘donuts’, monthly socials, and events
- Happier weeknights – We organise socials every month and bring together everyone in the business including all remote workers at least once every 6 months to do team building exercises and to share ideas over dinner
- Giving back – There are opportunities for staff to give back to non-profit activities or charities that support the wider community
- Everyone has a voice – We are building a culture where everyone is respected and has a voice in the day to day running of the company – a workplace where everyone is valued for the contributions they make